Astons.....

Photos that are not aviation related
Kilv

Astons.....

Post by Kilv »

No aircraft piccys to post at the moment so here's a few of Newport Pagnell's finest.

Competing at the Sportscar Raceday at Combe last week....

cheers
Kilv

striker

Re: Astons.....

Post by striker »

Looks like all the drivers were enjoying themselves :clap:

Mr OAG

Post by Mr OAG »

Kilvy

That was my first visit to Combe and thoroughly enjoyed it(as did the rest of the family)..the view from Quarry was very good IMHO.

One query...we want to visit again in the future but the web-site seems to indicate that events mostly happen on Saturdays(except of course the Bank Holiday Monday just gone).Am I reading that right and if so I guess it's to appease some local NIMBYs...this would be a great shame as both my wife and I work on Saturdays and there-fore Sundays/Bank Holiday Mondays are our only option

cheers
Colin
Abingdon Air & Country Show
www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk

Oxfordshire Aviation Group

Kilv

Post by Kilv »

Mr OAG wrote:Kilvy

That was my first visit to Combe and thoroughly enjoyed it(as did the rest of the family)..the view from Quarry was very good IMHO.

One query...we want to visit again in the future but the web-site seems to indicate that events mostly happen on Saturdays(except of course the Bank Holiday Monday just gone).Am I reading that right and if so I guess it's to appease some local NIMBYs...this would be a great shame as both my wife and I work on Saturdays and there-fore Sundays/Bank Holiday Mondays are our only option

cheers
Colin

Hi Coiln,

I'm glad you enjoyed Combe, and Quarry is a lovely place to view from.
Combe only host 8 dedicated car race meetings a year (not including the Bike weekend and various track/action days), and of those 8 only 2 are on a Saturday, the MG Raceday on the 13th of this month and the FF1600 Carnival in October (the final meeting of the year). There are 2 weekend meetings with action on a Sunday, but every other meeting is on a Bank Holiday Monday.

Combe has had it's fair share of problems with NIMBYs in nearby Yatton Kennell, complaing about noise etc (which is why Combe lost its big F3/GT weekend). The usual story of some **** moving in and not noticing the racing circuit next door. I mean it's only been there 60 years, which is alot longer then your average NIMBY :smile:

So the outcome of all that ramble is the only 2 dedicated Saturday meeting are the two that are left this year, which is a shame for you, but now you discovered Combe you should have a few more dates to choose from next year, starting with Easter Monday the traditional season opener.

cheers
Kilv

Mr OAG

Post by Mr OAG »

Cheers fior that mate....

will try to get down there Easter Monday 2009

Colin
Abingdon Air & Country Show
www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk

Oxfordshire Aviation Group

steves4ssl

Post by steves4ssl »

For classic Aston fans, the final round of the Aston Championships takes place on 19th October at Donington Park. Races to include...

Aston Martin Championship races
Intermarque Championship
50s Sports Car Team Challenge
Super GT and Post 1960 Endurance Race (2 Driver)
IA Spec (1950-1966) Endurance Race (2 Driver)
Pre War Open Race and
Rawles Austin Healey Championship.