There Be Dinosaurs In London.....

Photos that are not aviation related
Pen Pusher

There Be Dinosaurs In London.....

Post by Pen Pusher »

......in the Natural History Museum anyway. Don't think I've every visited this museum before, my loss, and apart from the exhibits there is some stunning architecture inside and out. There is an animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex in the Dinosaur Hall that goes through a 5 minute movement and light show routine that the visiting school kids thoroughly enjoyed although one or two of them could be seen hiding behind their teachers. If any one thinks there is a lot of dust on the aeroplanes hanging from the rafters in museums, I don't thing the Whale Skeletons hanging from the ceiling in the Mammals Hall have seen a feather duster since they were installed.

Sony Cyber-shot RX1R Mark II + Sony a6300 & Sony E10-18mm f4 OSS Lens

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

AlexC

Re: There Be Dinosaurs In London.....

Post by AlexC »

It is one of the great museums of the world, but it can get packed out especially on school holidays with snaking queues around the grounds. Last time we visited was on such a day, but luckily we had tickets for an special exhibit on elephants (very good it was too) and so went straight in.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP