Old Oak Common - higher up

Photos that are not aviation related
alisdairanderson

Old Oak Common - higher up

Post by alisdairanderson »

Hi,

A few from the Open Day at Old Oak Common railway depot, taken from a very well positioned Ferris Wheel....

Cheers
Alisdair

starbuck

Re: Old Oak Common - higher up

Post by starbuck »

I would have loved to have seen the que for the Ferris wheel, bet there were more photographers than kids! Your first picture provides a good "where's Wally?" game of find the spotters wife.

RichPittman

Post by RichPittman »

Brilliant, wish I went to this :smile:
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

When I got to got to the Ferris wheel about midday, there were about 5 people in the queue, unfortunately you needed a token to go on it, and that would have meant walking all the way back to the other end of the depot again to get one.

Some nice shots there though :)

Avionics6

Post by Avionics6 »

My son wasn't keen on going on the Ferris wheel so we made do with the ground level shots, which were still fine... and I've actually spotted my camera bag and my son's rucksack on the far right of your photo... as we took photos over the fence. All in all a good day, but I think we did the right thing and left at about 2 pm... headed to Paddington and snapped 800005 briefly as it arrived ready for a test run.

Phil Standfield

Post by Phil Standfield »

Just seen these. Brings back some train spotting memories from the mid-late 70's through to mid 80's. Great post.