2017 Holiday Snaps

2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby Dr Cake on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 7:57 pm

A couple of weeks after RIAT we had our family holiday on Lake Garda. The weather was slightly different!

Here are a few snaps from around the lake, Verona and Venice.

Cheers,
Rich

ImageIMG_9420 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9478 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9559 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9562 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9590 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9608
by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9625 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9645 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9733 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9814 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9839 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9850 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9939 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9942 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9943 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9953 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9976 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9989 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7307 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7319 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7357 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7445 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7456 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7476 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7477 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7490 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7559 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7567 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7568 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7570 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7629 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7644 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7660 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7677 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageWP_20170803_059 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7726 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7743 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7745 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7768 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7793 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7851 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7914 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7917 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7949 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7965 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7980 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageWP_20170804_069 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8008 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8027 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8061 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8079 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8117 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8133 by Dr Cake, on Flickr
User avatar
Dr Cake

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby Berf on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 9:16 pm

fantastic places great pics - looks like Aida was on at Verona - great spectacle even if you are not into opera
Berf

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby AlexC on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:58 pm

Beautiful! I love Italy, especially Florence.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
User avatar
AlexC

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby zigzag on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:32 am

Lovely shots, looks like you had a great time :rock:

I think we could do with a spotters day event in Italy :biggrin:
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT
User avatar
zigzag

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby AlexC on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:56 pm

I notice that some of the towers have holes in their elevations which is seen in many buildings in Italy. I assume that they are putlog or putlock holes, ie for the fixing of scaffolding as the building goes up? Normally (at least here) they would be filled as work proceeds, but they don't seem to have bothered to do this in many cases in Italy.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
User avatar
AlexC

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby Dr Cake on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 4:47 pm

Berf wrote:fantastic places great pics - looks like Aida was on at Verona - great spectacle even if you are not into opera

Many thanks. Yes, think you're right. We were there 21 years ago but towards the end of September. They were dismantling all the stage etc as the opera season had finished. So it was good to see it all set up this time around.

AlexC wrote:Beautiful! I love Italy, especially Florence.

AlexC wrote:I notice that some of the towers have holes in their elevations which is seen in many buildings in Italy. I assume that they are putlog or putlock holes, ie for the fixing of scaffolding as the building goes up? Normally (at least here) they would be filled as work proceeds, but they don't seem to have bothered to do this in many cases in Italy.

Many thanks but don't know much about buildings! It sounds like you're onto something.

zigzag wrote:Lovely shots, looks like you had a great time :rock:

I think we could do with a spotters day event in Italy :biggrin:

We did! However, it was absolutely red hot so anything aviation related would be hard work for me at that time of year.

Looking forward to seeing your holiday snaps. I can't bear the suspense!
User avatar
Dr Cake

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby st24 on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 6:06 pm

Fabulous Rich, its a stunning part of the world. Been out there years ago to see relatives and at the time Treviso was operational with Ginas and Istrana had Starfighters... happy days..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby Dr Cake on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

st24 wrote:Fabulous Rich, its a stunning part of the world. Been out there years ago to see relatives and at the time Treviso was operational with Ginas and Istrana had Starfighters... happy days..

Many thanks Geoff. Love Italy but the heat made it really hard work at times. Seemed to have missed you on the circuit this year. Hope you had a good one. Maybe see you next year. Hoping to get to Poznan, Yeovilton, RIAT, KB and the occasional Old Warden. :smile:

Rich
User avatar
Dr Cake

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby st24 on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 9:15 am

Dr Cake wrote:
st24 wrote:Fabulous Rich, its a stunning part of the world. Been out there years ago to see relatives and at the time Treviso was operational with Ginas and Istrana had Starfighters... happy days..

Many thanks Geoff. Love Italy but the heat made it really hard work at times. Seemed to have missed you on the circuit this year. Hope you had a good one. Maybe see you next year. Hoping to get to Poznan, Yeovilton, RIAT, KB and the occasional Old Warden. :smile:

Rich

Indeed, I bet you're gutted at missing me!! Yep, that looks like a similar list to me so hopefully catch up! :up:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: 2017 Holiday Snaps

Postby Dr Cake on Fri 27 Oct 2017, 4:21 pm

st24 wrote:Indeed, I bet you're gutted at missing me!! Yep, that looks like a similar list to me so hopefully catch up! :up:

It was tough but I just about survived! No chance meetings and Tiger week 2 for me through no fault of my own (slightly calmer seas outbound I believe!!!).

I only managed to get the women out on the Venice trip. Not sure why .........
ImageWP_20170730_003 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageWP_20170730_010 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageWP_20170730_011 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageWP_20170730_012 by Dr Cake, on Flickr
User avatar
Dr Cake


Return to General Photography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests