Glorious morning for a walk

Photos that are not aviation related
Dr Cake

Glorious morning for a walk

Post by Dr Cake »

I had to bring forward the annual hike in my spiritual homeland from Sunday to today (Friday). My youngest daughter is laying the cadet wreath on Sunday so I had to make a quick change of plan. What a great decision it turned out to be.

I particularly like our countryside at this time of year - nice colours and virtually no tourists. Just folk like me who love the outdoors and hike whatever the weather.

We started in Conistone and headed up towards Kettlewell before climbing higher and looping back round.

ImageIMG_9815 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9823 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9832 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9850 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9868 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9879 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9892 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9911 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9919 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9927 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9930 by Dr Cake, on Flickr

Hope they are of interest.
Rich

wv383

Re: Glorious morning for a walk

Post by wv383 »

Very nice. What I particularly like about them, as you are showing our glorious countryside as it should be, no pylons, no wind turbines, no solar panels. Countryside unadulterated.
Simon

Dr Cake

Re: Glorious morning for a walk

Post by Dr Cake »

wv383 wrote:Very nice. What I particularly like about them, as you are showing our glorious countryside as it should be, no pylons, no wind turbines, no solar panels. Countryside unadulterated.

Many thanks and, yes, you are 100% correct. Once you're away from the village centres you've pretty much got the whole place to yourself - just the odd hikers there for the same reasons as us. :smile: