Nene Valley Railway August 27th 2017

Photos that are not aviation related
King Cobra

Nene Valley Railway August 27th 2017

Post by King Cobra »

A nice sunny day at the NVR with "my" Battle of Britain Pacific in action. A bit too hot for any decent exhaust but the coal in use did make some smoke at times.

Image34081 '92 SQUADRON' Nene Valley Railway by KING COBRA 92, on Flickr

The Baron

Re: Nene Valley Railway August 27th 2017

Post by The Baron »

Lovely loco. Saw it myself down in Swanage earlier this year.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

King Cobra

Post by King Cobra »

The Baron wrote:Lovely loco. Saw it myself down in Swanage earlier this year.

We think so too. The team members thoroughly enjoyed her visit to Swanage. All that Bulleid hardware made it a "must do" event.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Thats a Lovely engine and equally nice photos, Delighted that the Few Pounds I gave to their stand in Shuttleworth paid off.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

King Cobra

Post by King Cobra »

Georgeconna wrote:Thats a Lovely engine and equally nice photos, Delighted that the Few Pounds I gave to their stand in Shuttleworth paid off.

Your support is most welcome as every penny counts. Sadly we are highly unlikely to be attending Shuttleworth with our stall in 2018 following the almost trebling if site rental and the removal of discounted rates for charities.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

King Cobra wrote:
Georgeconna wrote:Thats a Lovely engine and equally nice photos, Delighted that the Few Pounds I gave to their stand in Shuttleworth paid off.

Your support is most welcome as every penny counts. Sadly we are highly unlikely to be attending Shuttleworth with our stall in 2018 following the almost trebling if site rental and the removal of discounted rates for charities.

ah Fab stuff :roll: , What is the Sense of Shuttleworth doing that then?. Its not exactly flush with stands either. Most likely will mean no stands will come along now.

At least I still have my 92 Sqn Cup!!

I have yet to see her in the Flesh. I do wonder in my Grand Father drove her at some time. He was based in Barnstaple, Erith and Tonbridge.

Well done to all the people involved. It is a massive undertaking to do this to that standard!
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.