A Shot in the Dark!

Photos that are not aviation related
Pringles

A Shot in the Dark!

Post by Pringles »

As we approach the winter solstice, and the long nights drag on, I've been trying to get out and about improving my night-time photography. Then, last weekend within spitting distance of my home, a Land Rover Discovery (3?) was dumped and burned - not a common occurrence round here! While others complained to the council, I got straight out with my camera, snatching some record shots in the daylight as reference for artwork, before returning after sundown in the mist to try my hand at light-painting. While not perfect, I'm absolutely chuffed with the end result!

Macabre Discovery by Alexander Prins, on Flickr

Macabre Discovery by Alexander Prins, on Flickr

I had spent a while planning the composition and technique, however the fact that the road behind produced such a unique backdrop of lights was not something that I'd anticipated, and made the result all the more fulfilling.

Thanks for taking a look! :biggrin:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

RRconway

Re: A Shot in the Dark!

Post by RRconway »

That’s an interesting image, love the range of colours on the metalwork.
Well timed exposure to get the moving car too.

Well done.

Cheers,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

Pringles

Re: A Shot in the Dark!

Post by Pringles »

Thanks Jeff, though I can't take any credit for the background lights, I just happened to take the photos at rush hour on a fairly busy road - those lights were not something I'd considered until I began to set up the composition.

I'm off out tomorrow with my own (less wrecked!) car to try something similar, all being well it will be a dry run for a shoot with a well maintained classic LR belonging to a friend of a friend :sweat:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic