Selection of rare and scarce Tit pics!

Photos that are not aviation related
DaveM

Selection of rare and scarce Tit pics!

Post by DaveM »

Coal Tit thinks he's 'ard...

ImageCoal Tit (Parus ater) & Blue Tit (Parus caeruleus) Oxfordshire, 06/01/18 by Dave Morgan, on Flickr

Blue Tit shows him who really is boss!

ImageCoal Tit (Parus ater) & Blue Tit (Parus caeruleus) Oxfordshire, 06/01/18 by Dave Morgan, on Flickr

Marsh Tit on the garden feeders. A regular if elusive and somewhat zippy visitor with a taste for sunflower hearts.

ImageMarsh Tit (Poecile palustris) Oxfordshire, 06/01/18 by Dave Morgan, on Flickr

Marsh Tit on the garden feeders. A regular if elusive and somewhat zippy visitor with a taste for sunflower hearts.

ImageMarsh Tit (Poecile palustris) Oxfordshire, 06/01/18 by Dave Morgan, on Flickr

Penduline Tit near Gloucester at one of the smallest flooded ponds you'll see. Very happy confiding individual that was more bothered about dogs splashing around than those of us gathered to watch him.

ImagePenduline Tit (Remiz pendulinus) Plock Court, Gloucester. 12/01/18 by Dave Morgan, on Flickr

ImagePenduline Tit (Remiz pendulinus) Plock Court, Gloucester. 12/01/18 by Dave Morgan, on Flickr

FarnboroJohn

Re: Selection of rare and scarce Tit pics!

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Nice selection, quite envious of the Penduline Tit, I can't go for two weekends yet!

John

st24

Post by st24 »

Lovely, you've caught the Penduline very well. As for Latin names, I thought the Blue Tit is now a Cyanistes rather than a Parus?? :dunno:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

DaveM

Post by DaveM »

st24 wrote:As for Latin names, I thought the Blue Tit is now a Cyanistes rather than a Parus?? :dunno:

Thanks Geoff, I'm a bit old skool when it comes to names and order and Parus was what I could remember although had to look up Marsh as couldn't remember the 2nd half!

Still confused that Divers etc are not at the start of the Collins Guide any more! :dizzy:

st24

Post by st24 »

DaveM wrote:
st24 wrote:As for Latin names, I thought the Blue Tit is now a Cyanistes rather than a Parus?? :dunno:

Thanks Geoff, I'm a bit old skool when it comes to names and order and Parus was what I could remember although had to look up Marsh as couldn't remember the 2nd half!

Still confused that Divers etc are not at the start of the Collins Guide any more! :dizzy:

No problem, it was only because I noticed it on the RSPB calendar and did a double take!! And yes, poor old Grebes and Divers relegated from first place - we now have the Anas at the front... :whistle: :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Very good! The birds in my garden love sunflower hearts too, but perhaps even more they go for dried mealworms, at least they don't seem to last very long!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP