Lumiere London 2018

Photos that are not aviation related
Pen Pusher

Lumiere London 2018

Post by Pen Pusher »

Lumiere London 2018 was a festival of light in which international and local artists provided over 50 illuminated sculptures, installations and light shows projected onto buildings around London in locations at King’s Cross, Fitzrovia, Mayfair, Piccadilly Circus/Regent Street/Oxford Circus, Trafalgar Square, Westminster, Victoria, South Bank and Waterloo. It was held over four nights from Thursday 18th to Sunday 21st January 2018 starting at 5.30pm and finishing at 10.30pm each night with road closures around the West End and at other locations to provide traffic free pedestrian only areas for the public to watch the various light shows taking place. I went on the first night starting on the South Bank then crossing the river to Westminster Abbey up to Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, Chinatown and the West End. It took me about 5 hours walking around these locations, stopping to take photographs and watching the light shows and listening to the accompanying music and only scratched the surface of what was on show around central London. I went back to London again for the day on the Saturday and around King’s Cross in the evening before getting the train home.

The Wave, South Bank.
The Light of the Spirit (Chapter 2), Westminster Abbey.
Child Hood, Trafalgar Square.
Nightlife, Leicester Square Gardens.
Voyage, Piccadilly Circus.
Frictions, Regent Street
Flamingo Flyway, Chinatown.
Aether, King’s Cross Goods Yard.
Entre Les Rangs, Lewis Cubitt Park, Kings Cross.
Guardian Angels, Gas Holder No.8, Kings Cross
Waterlicht, Granary Yard, Kings Cross.
Lampounette, King’s Boulevard, King’s Cross.

Sony A7rII + Sigma 16mm f1.4 DC DN/C - Hand held, manual settings.
Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Berf

Re: Lumiere London 2018

Post by Berf »

Looks great another super set. Disappointed I missed the event.