Recent Squigs

Recent Squigs

Postby Airwolfhound on Wed 30 May 2018, 4:56 pm

I've been getting quite a few squigs in my garden lately, but then again I am spending a small fortune on specific squirrel food :lol:

Got our first baby squiz in the garden a couple of days ago, just the cutest :-)

Here's a few pics of some very welcome visitors :-

ImageBaby Squidge by Tim Felce, on Flickr

ImageBaby Squidge by Tim Felce, on Flickr

ImageSquidge by Tim Felce, on Flickr

ImageSquig by Tim Felce, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Re: Recent Squigs

Postby helired3 on Wed 30 May 2018, 6:45 pm

Great shots mate got to love a Squidge
Ian Harris https://www.flickr.com/photos/133062485@N05/

Nikon D750
Nikon D7200
Sigma 500 F4.5
Tamron 150-600 G2
helired3

Postby Beefy on Thu 31 May 2018, 2:07 pm

Nice photos, but the single Alien Species causing the most damage to our native birds and mammals.

You could save yourself the cash on feeding them and buy some traps and eradicate them from your area. That would actually help our native species and would be a positive step in UK conservation. Or better still try supporting a Red Squirrel project rather than feeding these vermin and increasing their population artificially :mad:

Great news that the Pine Martin is now re-establishing its old territories and preying on these nasty little blighters :up: Hopefully it won't be too many more decades before these are all gone and our lovely little native Red Squirrels can re-claim their lost home :clap:
Beefy

Postby Georgeconna on Thu 31 May 2018, 2:11 pm

Beefy wrote:Nice photos, but the single Alien Species causing the most damage to our native birds and mammals.

You could save yourself the cash on feeding them and buy some traps and eradicate them from your area. That would actually help our native species and would be a positive step in UK conservation. Or better still try supporting a Red Squirrel project rather than feeding these vermin and increasing their population artificially :mad:

Great news that the Pine Martin is now re-establishing its old territories and preying on these nasty little blighters :up: Hopefully it won't be too many more decades before these are all gone and our lovely little native Red Squirrels can re-claim their lost home :clap:

+1 Agreed
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.
Georgeconna

Postby Tuckat on Thu 31 May 2018, 3:39 pm

Nice photos, thanks for sharing.
I must have been keen on her...………… I took her to see India...……………... at The Oval
Tuckat

Postby Airwolfhound on Thu 31 May 2018, 5:23 pm

Beefy wrote:Nice photos, but the single Alien Species causing the most damage to our native birds and mammals.

Actually, I prefer to see the majority of humans eradicated, they are the ones that have caused more damage to wildlife than any single species.

Obviously it would be nice to have the reds back, enjoy seeing them when I am up in Scotland or Wales.

But for down South, greys are better than nothing so I'll continue to feed them if it is all the same to you :smile:

Airwolfhound

Postby Airwolfhound on Thu 31 May 2018, 5:36 pm

Airwolfhound wrote:

Actually, I prefer to see the majority of humans eradicated, they are the ones that have caused more damage to wildlife than any single species.

Obviously it would be nice to have the reds back, enjoy seeing them when I am up in Scotland or Wales.

But for down South, greys are better than nothing so I'll continue to feed them if it is all the same to you :smile:

+1 :lol:

Airwolfhound

Postby sdad on Thu 31 May 2018, 5:37 pm

Good pics, whatever regional slang you use for them but they are still just as good as a rat with a bushy tail.
sdad

Return to General Photography