Bimbling Around Camden Town, London ~ 15Jun18

Photos that are not aviation related
Pen Pusher

Bimbling Around Camden Town, London ~ 15Jun18

Post by Pen Pusher »

I took the tube on the Northern Line from King’s Cross to Chalk Farm and then walked the two miles or so back to King’s Cross via Mornington Crescent as I wanted a look at the Egyption-style art deco exterior of the former Carreras Cigarette Factory, the home of Black Cat cigarettes. Another bimble at another time for that one when I have a very wide angle lens with me. In the order taken

Just outside Chalk Farm tube station is the Round House, a Grade II listed entertainment venue. Built by the London and North Western Railway in 1847 as a covered railway engine shed with a turntable inside.

Grade II listed Camden Stables, now called Stables Market, was built in 1854. It is a network of former stable blocks, horse tunnels, tack rooms, saddler’s workshops and a hospital for horses that were used for moving railway trucks and carriages around in the adjoining railway goods yard.

The number of horses stabled over the years ranged for 400 to 800 at its peak. The last horse retired from shunting in 1967.

One of the many murals depicting activities that took place in the stables.

Entrance to Cyberdog a store which sells rave wear, fluorescent dance clothing and associated accessories.

Entrance to Millennia-Camden Store selling all sorts of Sci-Fi, comics, TV, film and gaming merchandise

Over 450 shops and stalls are housed in the stables selling a variety of antiquarian and unique items from clothing, accessories and jewelry to furniture and food.

The entrance to Horse Tunnel Market……..

….and some of the horse stalls under the railway arches.

Prince Mural in Camden Lock place.

Camden Lock Railway Bridge over Chalk Farm Road.

Regents Canal entrance to Camden Market.

Gratuitous tourist shot of Camden Locks.

Having crossed over Regents Canal the shops along Camden High Street have a distinct way of advertising their wares.

The Mad Hatters Tea Party on Camden High Street.

Sony a6500 APS-C Camera + Sony E16-70mm f4 ZA OSS Vario-Tessar Carl Zeiss T* Lens

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Georgeconna

Re: Bimbling Around Camden Town, London ~ 15Jun18

Post by Georgeconna »

I enjoyed that little trip around Camden. Usually my tours were at night!!
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

Stirs some memories for me....used to live over the road from the Edinburgh Castle (or Edinboro Castle as it's now known) in Mornington Terrace back in the early 80's,so that and the Dublin Castle were the normal locals for me and the girlfriend.....Sunday lunchtime was normally spent in the Dublin Castle for the live music...t'other half used to sing quite often with bands that were on as she was part of the Camden music scene and did a lot of session/live work for local bands as well as having her own jazz trio.

NickForeigner

Post by NickForeigner »

Awesome pics :clap: :clap: :clap: :rock: