A380-fest....A.net conspiracy

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
IanOlder

A380-fest....A.net conspiracy

Post by IanOlder »

Currently top 5 of the last 24hr's all A380 seat shots, and a huge amount of 380 photo's in the top 3 or 4 pages. Is it coincidence?
I took this http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore-Airlines/Airbus-A380-841/1412404/M/ on Friday lunchtime, uploaded Friday evening and its screened and accepted last night. Nothing unusual about the subject so not sure why it's been prioritised over many others in the queue?

MrAngry2

Re: A380-fest....A.net conspiracy

Post by MrAngry2 »

Dont know about a conspiracy but airliners.net does seem to like photos of seats :looser: , My girlfriend is on that one as we speak :sad:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)

eaglekepr

Post by eaglekepr »

Can't speak for A.net, but the highest hit count on my Flickr stream are the photos I took on board the A380 I flew in back in March. They were added by request to an A380 pool so that's where the hits are coming from, but still... they're nothing more than snapshots to me, just pics to remember being on one of the first operational flights to the UK. To some though they appear to be photographic gold.

Post by 40612 »

IanOlder wrote:Currently top 5 of the last 24hr's all A380 seat shots, and a huge amount of 380 photo's in the top 3 or 4 pages. Is it coincidence?
I took this http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore-Airlines/Airbus-A380-841/1412404/M/ on Friday lunchtime, uploaded Friday evening and its screened and accepted last night. Nothing unusual about the subject so not sure why it's been prioritised over many others in the queue?

I find it strange that your shot was accepted with that crane sticking out behind it-I think it spoils an otherwise fine picture.
Mike

MikeH

Post by MikeH »

It might be worth me uploading this one?

Image :grin:

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

MikeH wrote:It might be worth me uploading this one?

Image :grin:

Top marks, Mike, that's really well lit, how many weeks did it take you to nail that photograph? :grin:
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

KevinJ

Post by KevinJ »

Mike, can you send me the original please, something just doesn't look quite right...

Lightning

Post by Lightning »

KevinJ wrote:Mike, can you send me the original please, something just doesn't look quite right...

Apparantly he's 'misplaced' it :wink:

KarlADrage

Post by KarlADrage »

There were 11 in the top 13 when I looked about 2pm! :shock:

MikeH

Post by MikeH »

Lightning wrote:
KevinJ wrote:Mike, can you send me the original please, something just doesn't look quite right...

Apparantly he's 'misplaced' it :wink:

I can't remember on which set of floppys the original is stored. :whistle:

IanOlder

Post by IanOlder »

Busted by Dunk, I'm so shallow, yep all those poxy 380 shots got in our way :grin:

40612 wrote:I find it strange that your shot was accepted with that crane sticking out behind it-I think it spoils an otherwise fine picture.
Mike

I did indeed consider cloning out and adding the himalaya's in behind but thought I'd better leave it as it was, rules is rules.

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Dunk wrote:Beautifully lit Mike, you have a eye for a great shot.

Ian I also noticed your WB57 and my Gripen sunset shot were robbed of a top 5 slot due to these bloody A380 seat and internal shots!

Crapola!

Strange Dunk, I don't remember my Gripen shots having a dusky orange look to them, when I was stood next to you that evening!!! :grin:
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

Geoff Hibbert

Post by Geoff Hibbert »

Dunk wrote:
TonyO wrote:
Dunk wrote:Beautifully lit Mike, you have a eye for a great shot.

Ian I also noticed your WB57 and my Gripen sunset shot were robbed of a top 5 slot due to these bloody A380 seat and internal shots!

Crapola!

Strange Dunk, I don't remember my Gripen shots having a dusky orange look to them, when I was stood next to you that evening!!! :grin:

You were a good 5 feet to my right and about a yard back - its obvious it made a difference :whistle: :dummy:

Oh, the old Tango shots hey Dunc :grin: or a Ricky Martin as they are known in the biz!!