Starter Camera

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
Liveforriat

Starter Camera

Post by Liveforriat »

Hi all

Is the Canon 450D a good starter camera?

Was looking at a 450D with an 18-55mm Lens and a 300mm lens?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Regards

James
Was once Liveforriat2007 but that wasnt a great year so Ive decided to simply live for RIAT period.

Ben Montgomery

Re: Starter Camera

Post by Ben Montgomery »

450D would probably be a good bet, but if you could afford it, the 40D would be a better camera for aircraft (which i guess is why you want it). I have a 400D which is perfectly adequate, especially now i have a 100-400. When i was using the 300mm (Canon Non IS version) the quality of images was much lower, so it may be an idea to get a good lens and lower spec camera, and then get a better body later. Or you could get the body now and get a good lens later. Talking of the 300, i dont know how good the IS version is, but from some pics on here it seems respectable.

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

My understanding was its the glass you put on a camera that makes the diffrence, there are a few people on here who have older DSLR's but have good quality lenses on the front and they get some exceptional shots with them. my sugestion would be (as its a first camera to look at Ffordes or somewhere like that) get a decent second hand 350,400D and the rest of the money get yourself a decent Lens.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

My understanding was its the glass you put on a camera that makes the diffrence, there are a few people on here who have older DSLR's but have good quality lenses on the front and they get some exceptional shots with them. my sugestion would be (as its a first camera to look at Ffordes or somewhere like that) get a decent second hand 350,400D and the rest of the money get yourself a decent Lens.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)