Dust spot dilema

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
DocStirling

Dust spot dilema

Post by DocStirling »

Hi

I managed to drop my Canon into the long grass at Eastbourne, while holding the two lenses I was swapping in either hand...anyway, no major issues that a flymo couldn't sort out. I've carefully blown over and DigiPad cleaned the sensor and mirror, but there is still a couple of fine hair-like additions to the viewfinder image, but not the pictures. I assume the fact that I can see them when the camera is off means they are either on the mirror or in the viewfinder somewhere?

daniel
How Do I KNow

helired3

Re: Dust spot dilema

Post by helired3 »

I don't know about cannon but I had this problem on my Nikon on that you can drop the cover on the focus screen ( very carefully ) and blow it out sorted ! :smile: I found a vid on you tube on how to do this.

hope this helps and you get it sorted
Ian Harris https://www.flickr.com/photos/ian_harrisuk/

Nikon D750
Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm pf
Nikon 300mm pf

Lighning Fan

Re: Dust spot dilema

Post by Lighning Fan »

I would live with it although I know they do niggle ! If the mark is on the focussing screen you can usually see it by removing the lens and tilting the camera at various angles. Depending on your model the focus screen is designed to be removable so may be possible to have a closer look.

Hopefully you haven't marked the mirror :shock: These are surface silvered and it's not recommended to try and clean these