PC World Black Friday Offers

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
McG

PC World Black Friday Offers

Post by McG »

PC World have some good offers on Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements as part of their Black Friday deals.

AlexC

Re: PC World Black Friday Offers

Post by AlexC »

What is this 'Black Friday' business all about, and why is it called 'Black Friday' anyway???
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

AlexC wrote:What is this 'Black Friday' business all about, and why is it called 'Black Friday' anyway???

It's an American thing Alex. Did you have your head in the sand last November?? :grin: The American shops call it Black Friday as it's the day after Thanksgiving where shops sell stuff cheap and they traditionally went from being in "The Red" to being in "The Black" i.e Profitable. Sadly it's made it across the Atlantic to us....even though we don't do Thanksgiving Holiday. :question:

Last year it was an excuse for people to have a ruck over cheap tellies and tat that they wouldn't normally buy :grin:

Just out of interest, I have just got Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 from John Lewis, matching Curry's Pc World at £39.99...Bargain!! :smile:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

A quick Wiki Google and you can probably blame Currys for starting Black Friday in the UK :biggrin:

One of the UK's first black Friday events took place in 2003 in Staples Corner London, hosted by UK retailer Currys.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Pat Murphy wrote:It's an American thing Alex. Did you have your head in the sand last November??

Err, no, but thankfully I still managed to miss it! And we have shingle down here, not sand! I like the American's, but why do we have to slavishly copy almost everything they do, ie the prom, halloween, etc., and now this Black Friday malarkey!

Still don't know why it's BLACK Friday? Why not Yellow or Red for example?!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Alex

As stated above

went from being in "The Red" to being in "The Black" i.e Profitable

HTH

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

speedbird2639 wrote:Alex

As stated above

went from being in "The Red" to being in "The Black" i.e Profitable

HTH

:oops: