Wireless Shutter release

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
RRconway

Wireless Shutter release

Post by RRconway »

Hi,

I'm looking for a wireless shutter release to use with my 550D.

I don't really want infrared as they can be limited angle wise so prefer radio.
If possible I want to be able to programme it for time lapse although this is less important.

Does anyone currently use,one they would recommend or avoid, and crucially, have they experienced any problems with radio interference or 'crossed' signal at events with lots of photographers, such as Northolt Nightshoots?
Also, information about battery life would be handy.

My budget is open but I have seen one for £300+ which is out!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

Paul_Reflex

Re: Wireless Shutter release

Post by Paul_Reflex »

I've got a Hahnel Giga T pro II. It works flawlessly for me and has an intervalometer.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

I should have said that I realise that it's not a radio remote but it doesn't ever seem to matter where it's triggered from.

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Hi Paul,
Apologies for a late response to your advice. Funnily enough that was one I was looking at, I had even watched the manufacturers video but at no point did I pick up on it not being a radio version.

Again sorry for not replying more promptly.

Rgds,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

Big_Gareth

Post by Big_Gareth »

Hi
I've owned the Giga T Pro II for a while and although it is a decent remote it has a very annoying habit of switching itself off after about 30 seconds. I don't think that it's possible to disable this function. During night shoots I cannot emphasize how annoying this can be, because you have to fiddle around with extra button presses in the dark. Might not be a big deal breaker for you, but it would certainly stop me from buying another and in fact I've reverted back to a £5 shutter release cable because of this very problem.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

Hi Jeff, no problem at all.

That's funny Gareth, mine doesn't do that.