Nikon DSLR dilemma

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
CameronSys

Nikon DSLR dilemma

Post by CameronSys »

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading from my beginner D3200 to a D750 or D800E, but cannot decide which one to go for. I have a Tamron 150-600 and will be purchasing some wider angle FX lenses soon.

The D800E has 36MP as opposed to 24MP which means I can crop more I suppose, and has very high image quality.

The D750 seems to handle better at high ISO, and can shoot at 6.5fps instead of 4fps. I am already used to 4fps on my 3200 though.

I mainly photograph airshows and military aircraft (past and present, low level and on airfield), but also some airliners if that helps.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cameron

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: Nikon DSLR dilemma

Post by Skyflash »

If you can afford it, get the new D500. It's almost been built with hobbies like ours in mind.

Wex Photographic are offering it on a 12 month 0% finance deal, at £144/month, which is a really good way of splitting the cost and minimising the pain!
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

CameronSys

Post by CameronSys »

The D500 is a more money than I can afford to be honest :( thanks for the suggestion though.

dazza

Post by dazza »

After speaking to a couple of different camera stores i went for the D750 and if you check out last months Nikon magazine it is also rated higher. I have used it a few times and all i can say is wow, it is worth every penny. Hope this helps :smile:
Dazza

CameronSys

Post by CameronSys »

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I've just seen a review that certainly shows the D750 to be a great body, and together with your post makes me think that it could well be the way to go.

Many thanks for the reply, I think I've decided then.
Cameron

58Hustler

Post by 58Hustler »

Second hand D600 cheap as chips and best signal to noise ratio of all of them.
And even if you are unlucky enough to get a 'splatty' one you wont be aware unless you stop down beyond f8 :wink:
If a man speaks when he is alone in a forest and there are no women around to hear him, is he still wrong?

helired3

Post by helired3 »

i went for the D750 at the end of last year and i have the Tamron 150-600 it works well for me i upgraded from a D5300 (i still have it ) i have been very impressed with the 750
Ian Harris https://www.flickr.com/photos/ian_harrisuk/

Nikon D750
Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm pf
Nikon 300mm pf

CameronSys

Post by CameronSys »

Thanks all for the help. I've ordered a D750 and look forward to using it in the Mach Loop in a fortnight.

Cameron