Photobooks

Photobooks

Postby Blackbird on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:20 am

For many years I've been a big fan of My Publisher for photobooks. Over the last few months their turnround time seems to have increased and delivery takes longer since they switched from FedEx to UPS.

The quality of the product is still very good, and they have "lay-flat" pages, high quality paper and super gloss printing as added options which I always take. The cost works out at around £70-75, maybe a bit less, for a 100 page book.

I'm just wondering whether it's time to think about a change and whether anyone has recommendations?

TIA

Andy
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Re: Photobooks

Postby hmeasures on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:36 pm

I've used the photobook tool in Lightroom for the past few years both for clients and myself, you create the book in Lightroom and it is produced by Blurb. The quality is quite good I think, certainly blows a cheap photobox one out of the water.

Another plus is if you're already using lightroom you have your whole catalog at your disposal straight away.

Harry.
hmeasures

Postby Blackbird on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 8:25 pm

A bump on this one... My Publisher are closing down at the beginning of May :sad: . They are encouraging users to move to Shutterfly which is some kind of related company. Has anyone here used Shutterfly? If so, is it any good? I do want to use someone that can provide "Lay-flat" pages as well as produce a good quality book.

Any recommendations?

TIA

Andy :smile:
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Postby tankbuster on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 8:29 pm

Blackbird wrote:For many years I've been a big fan of My Publisher for photobooks. Over the last few months their turnround time seems to have increased and delivery takes longer since they switched from FedEx to UPS.

The quality of the product is still very good, and they have "lay-flat" pages, high quality paper and super gloss printing as added options which I always take. The cost works out at around £70-75, maybe a bit less, for a 100 page book.

I'm just wondering whether it's time to think about a change and whether anyone has recommendations?

TIA

Andy

I've used Albelli a number of times and have always been pleased with the results. I have never paid list price because they frequently come up with offers that save significant amounts or add lots of free pages. If you get on their mailing list you get notification of every offer and that's the time to jump
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby Blackbird on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:05 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Andy
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Postby Craig on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:20 am

I've only had a couple done but they've been DSCL. Not the cheapest out there but excellent quality and far more tolerable if you catch a promotional deal.
Craig
UKAR Staff

Return to Photography Hints, Tips & Questions