New Canon 5D MkIV plus 2 updated lenses

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
MUSTANG

New Canon 5D MkIV plus 2 updated lenses

Post by MUSTANG »

john001

Re: New Canon 5D MkIV plus 2 updated lenses

Post by john001 »

3599 body only usually we get to pay the same price in pounds as they do in the US in dollars - this time it is actually cheaper in US dollars at 3,499. At todays rate that's about 2660 pounds - so its cheaper to fly to the US and pick one up and still save money.

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

john001 wrote:3599 body only usually we get to pay the same price in pounds as they do in the US in dollars - this time it is actually cheaper in US dollars at 3,499. At todays rate that's about 2660 pounds - so its cheaper to fly to the US and pick one up and still save money.

Launch day prices are always full whack it slightly over. It'll be interesting to see what the price settles at once actual stock is in circulation. I think the 5D3 was about £2800 when it settled just after launch?

john001

Post by john001 »

Prices do come down but I not sure it will be that much after launch. I feel it is about 6 months before any worthwhile drops (apart form the odd offer.) But the issue remains - its launch day in the US as well. If you don't feel like declaring at customs its still going to be cheaper there for quite some time.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Good to see 4K video being brought in on Canons new models.

HMS Seahawk

Post by HMS Seahawk »

It may have just been an alarmist ploy by Park Cameras staff that I saw last weekend, but two of them said all canon prices are going up in the immediate future. This they said was due to Canon absorbing ever increasing costs which they can no longer do and brexit.

Anyway I got a Canon 100 -400 Mk2 lens at a decent price reduced by £300 which was something I have been wanting for a while anyway.

McG

Post by McG »

Before the vote for Brexit the £ was at $1.5/£ now it's at $1.3/£.

No surprise to hear that prices are going to go up as a result.

wallace

Post by wallace »

My 5D mk I wasn't cheap when I bought it at £1,300 then but I feel that at that price one may as well go the wee bit extra and buy the 1DX II!

However... the 5D mk IV, is just a tool, a camera to take pictures and if your old one does then think of the money you have saved... in saying that I felt my old 5D mk I hopelessly outclassed (compared to my 1DX, which is away for repair) when I needed to do a spot of machine gunning at a motorsports event last week.