Sharpening software

Sharpening software

Postby Jonesy on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 4:47 pm

Is there something now out there apart from PS and Lightroom that does miracles with blurry photographs?

I have a bundle of original WWII photographs which could do with editing.

Neil.
Why so serious?
Jonesy

Re: Sharpening software

Postby Lighning Fan on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 6:05 pm

Nothing comes immediately to mind. If all you want to do is sharpen there is the free Nik suite of plug ins as an alternative but you will still need Photoshop or Lightroom to run them. There are alternative editing programmes such as On1 but there is still a bit of a learning curve involved.

If you are happy to post an example then we may be able to advise further. I'm guessing you are looking for a one click solution or have I misinterpreted your post
Lighning Fan

Postby Timc on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 6:21 pm

Not sure if this meets your requirements but you could download the shareware (free) photo editing programme called GIMP?

Here's a youtube link for the sharpening aspect of the programme. Not too sure how good it is as I've never tried it myself but might be worth a punt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hvr3NkXcmk
Timc

Postby CG3 on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

Not tried it myself but I do use other Topaz products which work well.

https://www.topazlabs.com/infocus

The Topaz InFocus plug-in pairs the latest advancements in image deconvolution technology with superior sharpening capabilities to improve overall image quality by reversing blur while restoring, refining and sharpening image detail.

Whether employing it to make an unusable image good, a good image better or giving a great image that extra edge, Topaz InFocus produces unparalleled sharpening and deblurring results that add distinction and definition while accentuating key details.
CG3

Return to Photography Hints, Tips & Questions