Print storage

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
farnboroughrob

Print storage

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi we are having a sort out at home and am faced with doing something with all my prints. We are looking at well over 1000 6x4 prints of mine and family photos of varying sizes. I would like some boxes to store them in standing up so they are easily accessible and I can put some index cards in. Would like to easily be able to put in some dividers. Anybody know anything off the shelf at a budget price?
Rob

Mike Lewin

Re: print storeage

Post by Mike Lewin »

Jessops used to do some nice storage things years ago, the link below, is that the sort of thing your after?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ALBOX700BLUE-P ... rage+boxes

farnboroughrob

Re: print storeage

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi, Mike, that looks ok but would like a bigger box. What I would like is a box about 8 inches high so the prints can be stood up in landscape, then long enough to house about 300 prints, and wide enough for 2 or 3 rows across, so I can get around 1000 in a box. I will probably end up buying an off the shelf box and make some dividers.

AlexC

Re: Print storage

Post by AlexC »

You might find what you want at www.arrowfile.com, they make all sorts of things, photo albums etc.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP