DigitalRev

DigitalRev

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Mon 08 May 2017, 9:00 pm

Is their stuff imported/dodgy? If so, are there any pitfalls from that?
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
Big Cheese Mk.II

Re: DigitalRev

Postby Pen Pusher on Mon 08 May 2017, 9:15 pm

Used them a few times now, based in Honk Kong, nothing dodgy - so far.

Last camera I bought from them was my Sony RX1R MII which was £500 cheaper than in the UK. They did open the box to re-set the menu from Chinese to English and all documents were in Chinese but they did add a plug adapter. :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
Facebook
Pen Pusher
UKAR Staff

Postby John_E on Mon 08 May 2017, 10:42 pm

Have never used DigitalRev but I currently have a D500 en route from Panamoz (also based in Hong Kong) who I've used before. The D500 is a stop-gap because the D810 I bought from Panamoz just over 2 years ago is dead and currently with Nikon for repair. If I'd bought it from a UK supplier then I'd be facing a repair bill now, but because I bought it from Panamoz (who provide a 3 year transferable warranty), I simply get a quote from Nikon, send it to them and they PayPal me the money. Buying grey has saved me money both in terms of the initial purchase and this repair.
John_E

Postby Russ on Tue 09 May 2017, 8:37 am

I got my 100-400 (still going strong) through them in 2005 Dan. No pitfalls back then, however there is the prospect of getting hit by import tax (I didn't) and they used to say they'd refund it, not sure if they still do? Also I'd just look into the manufacturer warranties and make sure they're honoured world wide.

Great prices though. Hopefully I can finally get some near camera gear next year.
Russ

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Tue 09 May 2017, 9:30 am

Thanks chaps. It's a second hand lens I'm looking at, it was purchased from DigitalRev. Just wanted to make sure there would be no long term issues getting it serviced/repaired should I ever need to, but as its out of the initial warranty period it shouldn't be a problem.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
Big Cheese Mk.II

Postby Pen Pusher on Tue 09 May 2017, 9:34 am

The first bit of kit I got from Hong Kong was my 70-400mm lens from SLRHut which I had to pay import tax on which was actually paid by UPS and they invoiced me for it, but it still worked out cheaper than buying in the UK. Since using DigitalRev I've not paid any import tax.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
Facebook
Pen Pusher
UKAR Staff

Postby Stagger2 on Wed 10 May 2017, 8:55 am

We know where you live Brian, be afraid, be very ....!
Love,
Customs & Excise. :biggrin:
Stagger2

Postby John_E on Wed 10 May 2017, 8:27 pm

My D500 arrived today - less than 48 hours from ordering to delivery. :)
John_E

Return to Photography Hints, Tips & Questions