Photoshop keeps crashing

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
vulcan57

Photoshop keeps crashing

Post by vulcan57 »

I've a problem that is driving me mental! I've been using Photoshop CC for the last 18 months to 2 years and up until about 3-4 weeks ago it was working fine. Since then it just keeps crashing right in the middle of processing pictures. It's so maddening, I spend 15-20 mins on a photo and then it crashes. It's now getting even more frequent. Could it be adobe bridge? do you need it to run photoshop? If not, and that could be the problem, can it be disabled? I'm at my absolute wits end with it so would appreciate any advice that anyone might have.

P.S. I've not installed anything new in ages, so I reckon that rules that out.

Pen Pusher

Re: Photoshop keeps crashing

Post by Pen Pusher »

Last couple of weeks and Elements 14 and Lightroom on my laptop, and I only used my lap top for processing photos and have a PC for everything else, kept freezing or taking forever to do anything or just shutting down without touching anything. Got the laptop back from my local IT Geek shop this morning and the CPU was knackered, Video graphics card was broken and the hard drive was on it's way out. It was about 6 years old and I await delivery of my new laptop next week.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Photoshop keeps crashing

Post by boff180 »

vulcan57 wrote:I've a problem that is driving me mental! I've been using Photoshop CC for the last 18 months to 2 years and up until about 3-4 weeks ago it was working fine. Since then it just keeps crashing right in the middle of processing pictures. It's so maddening, I spend 15-20 mins on a photo and then it crashes. It's now getting even more frequent. Could it be adobe bridge? do you need it to run photoshop? If not, and that could be the problem, can it be disabled? I'm at my absolute wits end with it so would appreciate any advice that anyone might have.

P.S. I've not installed anything new in ages, so I reckon that rules that out.

Update to the latest graphics drivers for your machine. Failing that, go into preferences in Photoshop and enable/disable the softwares ability to use the GPU.