Centre of Aviation Photography Site

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
Wellhead

Centre of Aviation Photography Site

Post by Wellhead »

Hello,

Recently I came across the Center of Aviation Photography Site where they display a lot of interesting photo opportunities and workshops. As I was thinking of joining one of these photoshoots I was wondering if any one has some experience with this organization and would like to share their experiences so that I can decide what to do.

Best regards,

Ronald

Paul_Reflex

Re: Centre of Aviation Photography Site

Post by Paul_Reflex »

I've been out with COAP a few times. They are great people who build very positive relationships with the military and other organisations so that they can provide some quite extraordinary opportunities. I've not been abroad with them, but iirc this is done in partnership with Ian Allen Travel, so you're in safe hands there.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anybody.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

I've been to one of the COAP workshops. The stuff discussed is incredibly valuable stuff that (I feel) progressed my photography lightyears ahead of where I was prior. Still have much to learn, and their prices are eye-watering, but I think sometimes it's worth just biting the bullet and going for it.

So I'd recommend it.

(though it's maybe difficult to distinguish from going to a workshop, I think paying to go to the Mach Loop is a bit of a difficult one, I know this hobby is a lot down to luck, but it's a pretty expensive day to sit on a hill if the weather ain't kind and the flyers aren't playing ball)

Wellhead

Post by Wellhead »

Hello Paul and Tommy,

Thanks for your positive reaction these look promising
to join one of the workshops or trips.

Best regards,

Ronald Noeken

benji1867

Post by benji1867 »

I went on their 2 day shoot at RAF Odiham and the SPTA in April and it was an excellent trip. Well organised and reactive when the situation charnged for the worse (aircraft going tech). Here are links to the types of shots we got on these days. https://flic.kr/s/aHskX42k1a and https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2fLsb3. Please bear in mind this isnt all the shots as i havent had time to upload them all as of yet.

cheers
Ben