FRIAT lens options

FRIAT lens options

Postby IP1960 on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 3:06 pm

Despite many years of attendance, tomorrow will mark my first foray into FRIAT.

Not usually too bothered at rushing to the front for ground shots, but with the vantage point I will have this year, I want to try to get some decent take-off/landing shots for a change.

My thought is that my 75-300 will suffice, rather than going up to the 150-600 I usually use when chasing endless over/under-exposed too-distant aircraft :smile:

Would my thinking be correct? Any observations or indeed examples gratefully received.

Ian
IP1960

Re: FRIAT lens options

Postby rockfordstone on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 3:39 pm

IP1960 wrote:Despite many years of attendance, tomorrow will mark my first foray into FRIAT.

Not usually too bothered at rushing to the front for ground shots, but with the vantage point I will have this year, I want to try to get some decent take-off/landing shots for a change.

My thought is that my 75-300 will suffice, rather than going up to the 150-600 I usually use when chasing endless over/under-exposed too-distant aircraft :smile:

Would my thinking be correct? Any observations or indeed examples gratefully received.

Ian

i was in one of the posh enclosures last year and used a 70-300 and got some nice shots. you can always crop in if you have the sensor for it
rockfordstone

Re: FRIAT lens options

Postby IP1960 on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 10:00 pm

Thanks rockfordstone, certainly the shots I've seen at less than 300 look great so that's the way I will go tomorrow. Bit less weight in the bag and more watching the display!
IP1960

Return to Photography Hints, Tips & Questions