Printer will only print black

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
frank

Printer will only print black

Post by frank »

My Canon inkjet printer Pixma iP5000 has just suddenly stopped printing from the colour cartridges today, it was ok on monday

I have tried cleaning and deep cleaning via the PC and head alignment - no joy. I have uninstalled and re-installed but no joy.
I am starting to suspect that there is software issue rather than nozzle blockages.
Any advice

Big Eric

Re: Printer will only print black

Post by Big Eric »

frank

Post by frank »

Thanks Eric
Really appreciate your help
Will let you know how I get on

foxfour

Post by foxfour »

I had the same issue with another Canon printer. The print head had died. I bought another print head off ebay as a new one was more than the price of a new printer!! Guess what, it died too after about 3 months of use. I can't say I'm too impressed with Canon printers. The drivers provided for Windows 10 didn't install properly so it would print but you couldn't scan anything into the computer unless you connected it USB. The biggest issue was the amount of ink it used doing a self clean on the heads over and over again, totally unnecessarily in my view as it would be printing a document perfectly well having done a self clean on the heads at the start and then stop half way through to clean the heads again!! Canon are only interested in maximising their profit by programming their printers to use as much ink as possible and forcing people to upgrade their printers early by not updating the drivers properly for new operating systems.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

I've used Epson printers for many years, but they are no less bad in the tricks to keep you buying very expensive ink. Its run out of Light Cyan this week and I've slipped up and don't have a spare in stock. But the damned thing won't print a black and white text document, or anything, until the LC is replaced.

They're all as bad as each other.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Had many the same issues with printers over the years, even tried the large ink bottle system's.
The bottlevsystem works out much cheaper but can be messy. To be honest if I have a few pictures that I like its cheaper and better to just go and get it printed at Asda print or max spielman that seemnto be in the large Tesco superstores. Way cheaper to get a good large print done. Only tend to use a home printer for document's etc.