New Moderators

Re: New Moderators

Postby mattlaker on Fri 29 May 2009, 10:20 am

Random wrote:Oh dear, all but three of the names here are 17 or younger...it's not looking up for UKAR! :grin:


If that's the case, and some are to be believed, shouldn't the job title be changed to 'modr8r'? :grin:

I do agree that there is a need for more mods on here, and if i could spare the time i would gladly put my name in. I feel that a lot of those who are putting their names in the frame would do a great job of modding, under 18's included.
Matt hates Photo Etch as of today
User avatar
mattlaker

Re: New Moderators

Postby itfcscott on Fri 29 May 2009, 10:51 am

Random wrote:Oh dear, all but three of the names here are 17 or younger...it's not looking up for UKAR! :grin:


Pick me though


I for one can not see what difference a person's age makes to how well they can moderate, I know people under the age of 17 that can spell and write a lot better than some people over that age and anyway a bit of youth would surely be good for the UKAR team. :smile:

Like the 'pick me though', I was thinking of doing something a bit similar but you beat me to it. You can also pick me if you like
itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Re: New Moderators

Postby Ben Montgomery on Fri 29 May 2009, 12:03 pm

mattlaker wrote:
Random wrote:Oh dear, all but three of the names here are 17 or younger...it's not looking up for UKAR! :grin:


If that's the case, and some are to be believed, shouldn't the job title be changed to 'modr8r'? :grin:



You think us under 18s are going to spend the time to write out modr8r, when we could just put mod? Mad I tell you! :grin:
User avatar
Ben Montgomery

Re: New Moderators

Postby Macc on Fri 29 May 2009, 3:33 pm

I wouldn't mind being a moderator either. :)

Moder8r...oh dear :grin: Hate it when numbers are used like letters. :sick:

Macc :)
User avatar
Macc

Re: New Moderators

Postby StevenH on Fri 29 May 2009, 3:51 pm

Rather any of you than me... :grin:
StevenH

Re: New Moderators

Postby stuart n on Fri 29 May 2009, 7:11 pm

I'd be prepared to give it a go :smile:
stuart n

Re: New Moderators

Postby Trevsy on Fri 29 May 2009, 7:34 pm

Hi folks, I will have a go at it if you like. I have been a firm supporter of the board for many years now and would like to contribute. :smile:
"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore
User avatar
Trevsy

Re: New Moderators

Postby Ben H on Fri 29 May 2009, 7:35 pm

Trevsy wrote:Hi folks, I will have a go at it if you like. I have been a firm supporter of the board for many years now and would like to contribute. :smile:


Bring on the inter-sibling rivalry! :grin:
User avatar
Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Re: New Moderators

Postby Trevsy on Fri 29 May 2009, 7:40 pm

Random wrote:
Trevsy wrote:Hi folks, I will have a go at it if you like. I have been a firm supporter of the board for many years now and would like to contribute. :smile:


Bring on the inter-sibling rivalry! :grin:


There's no rivalry - I'm better.
"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore
User avatar
Trevsy

Re: New Moderators

Postby 5BWMINOT on Fri 29 May 2009, 8:08 pm

Just a thought.Have you considered the fact that some people can not write that well for medical reasons.But may have a sharp mind.

I would welcome your reply on this Admins.

Jim.
5BWMINOT

Re: New Moderators

Postby agdickie on Fri 29 May 2009, 8:14 pm

If they've got a sharp mind they could probably deduce that using a spell-checker will ensure their posts are intelligible and as such any medical issues wouldn't be a problem. We don't require Oxford English graduates, just people that can put there thoughts down in a clear manner. Doesn't matter how smart they may be if they can't communicate it. Harsh? Yes, but also the truth.
Agdickie on Airliners.net
Hey jet pilots! Do a barrell roll!
User avatar
agdickie
UKAR Staff

Re: New Moderators

Postby Kokpit on Fri 29 May 2009, 8:52 pm

agdickie wrote:just people that can put there thoughts down in a clear manner. Doesn't matter how smart they may be if they can't communicate it.


I'll probably get black balled for this, but, it was just too hard to resist ;)

Kev.

PS: If it helps, I promise never to pick on staff again, assuming of course I'm not banned in the meantime!... Cheers.
User avatar
Kokpit

Re: New Moderators

Postby agdickie on Fri 29 May 2009, 9:01 pm

D'oh! Well i got the first one right so that's a 50:50 ratio, i reckon that's a win :grin:
Agdickie on Airliners.net
Hey jet pilots! Do a barrell roll!
User avatar
agdickie
UKAR Staff

Re: New Moderators

Postby 5BWMINOT on Fri 29 May 2009, 9:31 pm

Do you not have a spell checker.I could not resist.

But i see your point.

Let us hope you get a good team in place,just like FC.And we can work together instead of at loggerheads.I am sure you agree.No more gunfights at the OK Coral.

Jim.
5BWMINOT

Re: New Moderators

Postby steves4ssl on Fri 29 May 2009, 10:04 pm

5BWMINOT wrote:Just a thought.Have you considered the fact that some people can not write that well for medical reasons.But may have a sharp mind.

I would welcome your reply on this Admins.

Jim.


Firefox has an excellent plug-in that highlights spelling errors as you type your post, giving you a drop down list of corrections at the simple click of a right mouse button ... in fact it is just like the one found in Word.

You can find it here .... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366 - there really is little excuse for poor spelling these days ....
User avatar
steves4ssl

Re: New Moderators

Postby Harlequin67 on Sat 30 May 2009, 7:01 am

steves4ssl wrote:
5BWMINOT wrote:Just a thought.Have you considered the fact that some people can not write that well for medical reasons.But may have a sharp mind.

I would welcome your reply on this Admins.

Jim.


Firefox has an excellent plug-in that highlights spelling errors as you type your post, giving you a drop down list of corrections at the simple click of a right mouse button ... in fact it is just like the one found in Word.

You can find it here .... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366 - there really is little excuse for poor spelling these days ....


Thanks Steve. It is done!
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked
User avatar
Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Re: New Moderators

Postby PeterR on Sat 30 May 2009, 9:04 am

Can I also put myself forward to be a UKAR Moderator, or am I too late? (Been on holiday!)

Thanks, Peter :smile:
PeterR

Re: New Moderators

Postby steves4ssl on Sat 30 May 2009, 10:30 am

Harlequin67 wrote:
steves4ssl wrote:
5BWMINOT wrote:Just a thought.Have you considered the fact that some people can not write that well for medical reasons.But may have a sharp mind.

I would welcome your reply on this Admins.

Jim.


Firefox has an excellent plug-in that highlights spelling errors as you type your post, giving you a drop down list of corrections at the simple click of a right mouse button ... in fact it is just like the one found in Word.

You can find it here .... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366 - there really is little excuse for poor spelling these days ....


Thanks Steve. It is done!


It's great isn't it .... :smile:

I only found out about it a couple of months ago ... plus some other useful ones such as NoScript and FlashBlock ...
User avatar
steves4ssl

Re: New Moderators

Postby jaguarfarewellday on Sat 30 May 2009, 1:19 pm

My farewell hats in the ring , only just got back from hols.

Paul
what we have here is a complete lack of respect for the law !
User avatar
jaguarfarewellday

Re: New Moderators

Postby vandal on Sat 30 May 2009, 6:01 pm

DanO1978 wrote:
5BWMINOT wrote:Do you not have a spell checker.I could not resist.

But i see your point.

Let us hope you get a good team in place,just like FC.And we can work together instead of at loggerheads.I am sure you agree.No more gunfights at the OK Coral.

Jim.


There's no reason why UKAR and FC can't get on famously - would be fun to arrange something to bring the two together at one of the shows maybe?


Might be missing something here, but I'd always thought that a lot of UKAR members are also posters on FC and other similar forums too, I am.

Edited to add that I too would love to be involved in moderating, but unfortunately I'm not on the forum that often nowadays so that would rule me out.
vandal

Re: New Moderators

Postby Ben H on Sun 31 May 2009, 5:27 pm

joethefuturepilot wrote:

Maybe the Mods could be changed on an X-monthly rota


IMHO that would be a baaaad idea, as it would just result in a lot of 'brownie point' scoring going on.
User avatar
Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Re: New Moderators

Postby 2shae on Mon 01 Jun 2009, 10:11 am

Would love(?) to help out, so put my name down as well!
User avatar
2shae

Re: New Moderators

Postby Tug 747 on Mon 01 Jun 2009, 10:33 am

I have only just seen this put me down please if i am not to late thanks
spend enough time on here browsing so i may as well do some good try to put some thing back
User avatar
Tug 747
UKAR Moderators

Re: New Moderators

Postby Anson on Mon 01 Jun 2009, 7:14 pm

i would like to throw my sombrero into the ring also
25 Group Royal Observer Corps
User avatar
Anson

Re: New Moderators

Postby Kieran on Wed 03 Jun 2009, 6:14 pm

If it's not too late, I would like to put my name down also.
User avatar
Kieran

PreviousNext

Return to UK Airshow Review News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests