Announcing the 2008 UKAR/RAF Role Demo Photo Competition

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
KarlADrage

Announcing the 2008 UKAR/RAF Role Demo Photo Competition

Post by KarlADrage »

It's with great pleasure that we're able to announce the launch of the 2008 UKAR/RAF Role Demo Photo Competition.

Please follow the link below to find out more:
2008 UKAR/RAF Role Demo Photo Competition

Light Blue Spy

Re: Announcing the 2008 UKAR/RAF Role Demo Photo Competition

Post by Light Blue Spy »

At last, here are the results of the 2008 UKAR/RAF Role Demo Photo Competition!

Many thanks to all those that took the time to post. The quality of photography on this site is outstanding! I do apologise for the delay in posting the results. I confess that reliving last year's Role Demo through the competition has been a bitter-sweet experience. So, on to the winners. No 1st/2nd/3rd - all equally worthy.

nerox4 - "Can you smell burning!" We purposely repeated all pyro passes to give everyone the best opportunity to get a good shot. I know the Marham guys particularly enjoy seeing their jets against a pillar of smoke. This one is as good as that gets.

Glenn Beasley - "What's that in the wing mirror?" I like images of dissimilar types. It is something you do not get to see very often and a key aspect of the Role Demo. I guess you have to be fortunate to be in the right place at the right time but I'm sure Glenn spent hours working out all the angles to ensure he got this one spot on!

Pikey01 - "I'm seeing double!" You can't beat a couple of big jets in tight formation. Looking out on the B-Axis, as the 4 Tornados run-in for the "Berty Burst", was one of my favourite bits. I swear I can feel the power as I look at this image. Now showing in a couple of Scottish Crew Rooms!

The winners will be getting a PM from me with information on the prize fund. It is not too shabby and includes tickets for a top UK show and some DVDs. Thanks again for the interest. I'm missing it already.

nerox4

Re: Announcing the 2008 UKAR/RAF Role Demo Photo Competition

Post by nerox4 »

Thrilled :yahoo: very happy, thanks.