Picture of the Week - opt out...

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Picture of the Week - opt out...

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Just to follow this up, as we've had no requests so far, we're now working on the basis that everyone is happy and anything posted on the UKAR forums is OK to be considered for this feature. If there is anybody who doesn't want us to use their photos, please contact one of us ASAP to opt out, as stated above. Asking permission each week can be too time consuming; last week's edition was delayed waiting for a PM reply. We will endeavour to send out a PM to the photographer (to seek permission and for some background info etc), but because we're working to such a tight schedule with this feature, in the event that we don't hear back from you in time, we will use the selected shot unless you have opted out.

Hopefully you'll all have seen by now how this new feature works; we'll only be linking a small thumbnail sized image to your thread, so you get recognition and more exposure to our google traffic etc as a result, plus any shots we use will automatically be in with a shout of winning a prize (one pic per month, details to follow). Win-win. :smile:

Just to re-cap, anything posted on the forums will automatically be considered for this feature unless you specifically opt out.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Picture of the Week - Prize Details!

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

I mentioned prizes would be available...

Thanks to Iain at Planes TV, one photographer each month will recieve a DVD of their choice from the Planes TV range. Iain will be the judge, and he'll pick one photo from each month's worth of photos for the 'Week in Pictures' feature to win the prize. :smile:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

We would like to bring the option of the Pictures of the Week opt-out to your attention once again, just so you're aware of it. We're pleased to say that nobody has ever decided to opt out, but the option is still there.

Private Custard

Post by Private Custard »

Sounds like a good idea. Honestly, I don't know what takes people so long to get back to you. All I know is that it's been a month since I was told I was to have a shot featured, and the excitement's worn off by this stage!!

The Big Cheese

Post by The Big Cheese »

We're currently having a big catch up. Sorry for the delay, we're now putting measures in place to get POTWs updated on a weekly basis, as they should be!
Paul Osborne
Ex UKAR Owner