Farnborough, Elvington & Week in Pics

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Farnborough, Elvington & Week in Pics

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

• Farnborough International Airshow Report - Trev Collins reviews the biannual trade show. This report contains video content from PlanesTV.

Image Image Image Image Image

• Yorkshire Wings & Wheels Show Report - Ian Finch went to see if Elvington's 2010 comeback fared any better than Michael Schumacher's! :lol:

Image Image Image Image Image

• We also have August's first selection of photos for the Week In Pictures. Last week completed the first twelve months, but strictly speaking this one actually completes the first 52 weeks. Again, there are a few new names on the page taking us up to 198 photographers in 52 weeks. :clap:

Image Image Image

Congratulations to all those chosen - you're all in with a chance of a PlanesTV DVD when Iain publishes his next blog.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

TonyO

Re: Farnborough, Elvington & Week in Pics

Post by TonyO »

Mikes shot of the A400M in the Farnborough report is easily the best A400M shot I have seen yet, nice one Uncle Mike!!!
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

TonyO wrote:Mikes shot of the A400M in the Farnborough report is easily the best A400M shot I have seen yet, nice one Uncle Mike!!!

It is a great capture. Phil's 'people shots' in the report are excellent too.
"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore

Sea King

Post by Sea King »

"Britain's least friendly airshow"

Care to elaborate on why such an unprofessional subheading was used?

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

Sea King wrote:"Britain's least friendly airshow"

Care to elaborate

Opinion yes, unprofessional, no. Read the report.

But this section should give you the jist:

You don’t get the same friendly and welcoming atmosphere created by the staff, cadets and volunteers as you would at RIAT; Farnborough has an altogether more corporate feel, this is no more evident than in the looks of the grim faces of the contracted stewards and security personnel, whose laboured grimaces seemed to indicate that they would rather be anywhere else than at an airshow.

Sea King

Post by Sea King »

Trevsy wrote:
Sea King wrote:"Britain's least friendly airshow"

Care to elaborate on why such an unprofessional subheading was used?

Read the report.

Sounds like a pathetic way to tarnish it because of its corporate feel.

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

Maybe it was because of the "unfriendly feel" given off by the "corporate feel"!

Anyhow you're entitled to your opinion. :smile:

Sea King

Post by Sea King »

Trevsy wrote:Maybe it was because of the "unfriendly feel" given off by the "corporate feel"!

Anyhow you're entitled to your opinion. :smile:

As are you.

Just a bit disappointed to be reading the Farnborough report associated with that type of heading.

Furthermore, I've read other reports online and the verdict is quite different to that of the members who wrote the UKAR article. Not that I have anything against the articles on this website, as I thoroughly enjoy reading what others have to say.

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

Sea King wrote:Furthermore, I've read other reports online and the verdict is quite different to that of the members who wrote the UKAR article.

Hmm, the flying display actually gets a positive review from us, so it could be others who wrote reports for other sites had a "Media Press Pass" and attended the media/trade days. I was a paying punter on one of the crowded weekend days like most enthusiasts, the experience may well have been different for those who attended the trade event.

Petedcollins

Post by Petedcollins »

Trevsy wrote:
Sea King wrote:Furthermore, I've read other reports online and the verdict is quite different to that of the members who wrote the UKAR article.

Hmm, the flying display actually gets a positive review from us, so it could be others who wrote reports for other sites had a "Media Press Pass" and attended the media/trade days. I was a paying punter on one of the crowded weekend days like most enthusiasts, the experience may well have been different for those who attended the trade event.

Have to say i support the UKAR review on this one, the airshow did have a very stand off unfriendly feel to it, the Stewards didnt have the kind of personal touch to it, felt very much like we were a nuisence more then paying punters, you could definitley tell that those guys were thinking about clubbing or whatever when the show was over. Different from RIAT and Biggin where those guys enjoy the show as much as the punters

MikeH

Post by MikeH »

TonyO wrote:Mikes shot of the A400M in the Farnborough report is easily the best A400M shot I have seen yet, nice one Uncle Mike!!!

Thanks Tony, it's always nice to have some feedback of any sort - the cheque's in the post! (I'm not sure which one of the two shots you are referring to though. :grin: )

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

The wonderfully lit take off shot...

Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?