- First up this week is the latest Episode of the UK Airshow Review 'Display Frequency' Podcast. Andrew Panton gives us the latest news on the plans to return Avro Lancaster NX611 "Just Jane" to the skies, and we've an extensive preview of the unveiling of the new national memorial to Bomber Command. Aviation journalist Ben Dunnell tells us about his commentating trips to Scandinavia, and there's a special report from Cosford, getting the inside story on their best-received airshow in years.
There are previews of both Waddington and Yeovilton, and you can win a DVD or Blu-ray copy of "British Airshows 2011", courtesy of PlanesTV. Listen out for the question (and the answer!) in the podcast and use the form below to send in your entry before the deadline. One winner will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received.
Download the podcasts, listen out for the quiz question (and the answer!) and fill out the form on the podcast page with your entry to be in with a chance of claiming yet another great prize!
- "Andrews Fizz" - Pete Fletcher was recently out in the US, and has sent in this report from Joint Base Andrews.
- "Northern Lights" - A fully insulated Michael Hall reports on the recent "Arctic" Tiger Meet at MAS Ørland in Norway.
- "Life In The Old Cat" - Peter Reoch was at Cosford to see if the 2012 airshow lived up to the pre-event hype.
- Of course there's also another Pictures of the Week selection.
Week 24, June 2012:
Congratulations to all those chosen - you're all in with a chance of a PlanesTV DVD when Iain publishes his next blog.
- Thanks to our new partners at Aviation News Magazine, UKAR members can download a free digital copy of the magazine and we also have two annual subscriptions up for grabs in our free prize draw!
"...for 'twas the 80s, and battery consumption was high."
LN Strike Eagle
- Big Cheese MkII
Return to UK Airshow Review News
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests