Lost posts

Lost posts

Postby PorkScratching on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:32 pm

I'm afraid I've had a little accident of a technical nature which has resulted in the forums being reset to how they were at 2am this morning (Thursday 10 April 2014) :( I'm really sorry to all of you that have lost posts, feel free to call me a muppet.
PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Re: Lost posts

Postby Harlequin67 on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:38 pm

Muppet!

I had just posted the answer to life, the universe and everything. It was in a numerical form, just can't quite remember the number, 4.......

:grin:
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked
Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Postby Ledhead27 on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:39 pm

Ahh that's the issue I was having. I wonder if the other members will think its a 21st Century technology apocalypse :lol:
"FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, DroneMan Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes
Ledhead27
UKAR Staff

Postby Flare Path on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:42 pm

Ledheadpilot27 wrote:Ahh that's the issue I was having. I wonder if the other members will think its a 21st Century technology apocalypse :lol:

No, we won't think that - some of us are a lot older than you probably realise and well versed in the world of technology.

We might think something else though. :biggrin:
Flare Path

Postby PeterR on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:42 pm

And I thought I was going mad! :dizzy:
PeterR

Postby Ledhead27 on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:49 pm

RJC1878 wrote:
Ledheadpilot27 wrote:Ahh that's the issue I was having. I wonder if the other members will think its a 21st Century technology apocalypse :lol:

No, we won't think that - some of us are a lot older than you probably realise and well versed in the world of technology.

I'm pretty used to technology going *alls up, doing A-Level computing makes you realise how much of a swine technology can be!

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes
Ledhead27
UKAR Staff

Postby Flare Path on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:54 pm

Ledheadpilot27 wrote:
RJC1878 wrote:

I'm pretty used to technology going *alls up, doing A-Level computing makes you realise how much of a swine technology can be!

Well then hopefully you'll put some of that expertise in patching the heartbleed bug affecting this very forum - reports suggest there's a possibility this site is vulnerable.
Flare Path

Postby PorkScratching on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:56 pm

This site isn't affected by heartbleed.
PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Postby Ledhead27 on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:56 pm

RJC1878 wrote:
Ledheadpilot27 wrote:
RJC1878 wrote:

Well then hopefully you'll put some of that expertise in patching the heartbleed bug affecting this very forum - reports suggest there's a possibility this site is vulnerable.

Not heard of this before, perhaps one of the more established members might know better than me (apologies for lack of knowledge at the moment, still learning)

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes
Ledhead27
UKAR Staff

Postby Flare Path on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:58 pm

PorkScratching wrote:This site isn't affected by heartbleed.

That's not what I've just seen.

Only trying to help.
Flare Path

Postby PorkScratching on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 10:07 pm

As I said, this site isn't affected. If you'd provided more information on your source I could have told you why whatever details you have are wrong.
PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Postby Flare Path on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 10:09 pm

PorkScratching wrote:As I said, this site isn't affected. If you'd provided more information on your source I could have told you why whatever details you have are wrong.

As you would know posting it in a public domain wouldn't be a wise decision, more than happy to chat through PM.

However, best just to drop this before scaring the forum.
Flare Path

Postby PorkScratching on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 10:20 pm

I think it would have been preferable for you just to alert us by PM if you had concerns, rather than "scaring the forum".

Just to be clear to everybody, this site is categorically not affected by the heartbleed security vulnerability.
PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Postby neilos on Fri 11 Apr 2014, 5:07 pm

PorkScratching wrote:I'm afraid I've had a little accident of a technical nature which has resulted in the forums being reset to how they were at 2am this morning (Thursday 10 April 2014) :( I'm really sorry to all of you that have lost posts, feel free to call me a muppet.

Ooopppsie....... :lol:

http://youtu.be/zqO_iBv-Sh4
neilos

Return to UK Airshow Review News