1600px & Social Media embedding

1600px & Social Media embedding

Postby UK Airshow Review on Fri 06 May 2016, 7:55 pm

After BDL tweeted the idea to us, you can now embed links directly from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram into your forum posts. Blame him.

We've also upped the size of the photos on the forum to 1600px for those that wish to make use of it.

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle 97-0220 'LN' - 492nd Fighter Squadron, USAFE by Dan B, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy the changes!
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Re: 1600px & Social Media embedding

Postby Beefy on Mon 09 May 2016, 8:48 pm

I can't see the reason behind increasing the pixel count to 1600, it is annoying having to click on the magnifying glass to view the image at 1600 pixels AND having to click it again to reduce the image so you can look at another one - I can't see any discernible benefit, the images don't look any better that's for sure!
Beefy

Postby Kokpit on Mon 09 May 2016, 9:49 pm

Beefy wrote: it is annoying having to click on the magnifying glass to view the image at 1600 pixels AND having to click it again to reduce the image so you can look at another one

What screen resolution are you operating at Beefy, it sounds like it might be less than 1600, and that could be the issue rather than the image size?

I'm certainly not getting any magnifying glasses, and a 1600 image doesn't fill my screen, but I'm operating at 1920 by 1080.

Cheers,

Kev.
Kokpit

Postby Russ on Tue 10 May 2016, 8:56 am

Beefy wrote:I can't see the reason behind increasing the pixel count to 1600, it is annoying having to click on the magnifying glass to view the image at 1600 pixels AND having to click it again to reduce the image so you can look at another one - I can't see any discernible benefit, the images don't look any better that's for sure!

Are you still using Windows 95 as well? :wink:

Posters don't have to post images at 1600, but now the option is there, which makes perfect sense these days.
Russ

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 10 May 2016, 9:39 am

Russ wrote:
Beefy wrote:I can't see the reason behind increasing the pixel count to 1600, it is annoying having to click on the magnifying glass to view the image at 1600 pixels AND having to click it again to reduce the image so you can look at another one - I can't see any discernible benefit, the images don't look any better that's for sure!

Are you still using Windows 95 as well? :wink:

Posters don't have to post images at 1600, but now the option is there, which makes perfect sense these days.

Not to mention better internet speeds in general. Hell, most smart devices have a big enough resolution to deal with 1600px no problem.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Return to UK Airshow Review News