IWM Duxford Air Festival reviewed

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

IWM Duxford Air Festival reviewed

Post by UK Airshow Review »

• "Lame Dux" - Scott Perry spent the weekend at IWM Duxford and reports for UK Airshow Review.

Image Image Image Image Image

rdchawk

Re: IWM Duxford Air Festival reviewed

Post by rdchawk »

Oh dear. Your review has not gone down well on social media.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

A shame indeed. But we don't write reviews to happy-clap and please people who, it appears, are incapable or unwilling to understand the definition of a "review" and seem to want nothing but "everything is amazinggggg!". Or even acknowledge that some people think differently to them.

Disagree, by all means. That's healthy. Those comments is just petty red-faced blowing. They'll forget about it in a day or so, and if that's the case, then their seething anger isn't genuine or well-founded. If they want to disagree they can do so either here or on Facebook. When pressed to do that, one of them decided not to and simply said "I'm not the journalist" (paraphrased). :dunno:

:cuppa:

(Not that it makes a difference at all, but I think some people are too angry at the title and miss that it's a pun on "lame ducks" not "Duxford is lame")

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Hi Tommy,
That was me, wading in to defend the article. It looks like you and I are thinking along the same lines.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

While it may pain me to say it :grin: the review is fair and balanced in its assessment of the overall show. You tread a dangerous line when review sites are afraid to criticise a show for fear of backlash - critical evaluation is necessary or shows will fall into a rut and/or terminal decline, which is clearly what everyone on here (including the reviewer themselves) so clearly wishes to avoid.
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Pringles wrote:the review is fair and balanced in its assessment of the overall show.

As someone that was at the show, I couldn't agree more. It's a fair review and I can only assume the people on social media are getting defensive because they missed the play on words with the title.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

I think most of those that were triggered wouldn't have commented, or even read the review, if it'd had a more neutral title.

But then an article should trigger debate, it's just social media is notoriously bad for debate.....

The Baron wrote:That was me, wading in to defend the article. It looks like you and I are thinking along the same lines.

:up:

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

A fair and balanced review in my opinion. :clap: :clap:

Andy :smile: