Problems?

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
tug23

Problems?

Post by tug23 »

Hi all,hope someone can help.I am running FS2004 and have been for some time.My system is Intel Core2 duo E8400 @3GHz,I have 2GB RAM and a 1gb Nvidia 9600gt graphics card.What I cant understand is suddenly at the 'busier' airports my frame rates have dropped from the usual 25fps to around 12 and lots of hanging.Why has this happened,any ideas on graphics card settings etc?

Cheers

Chris

ICE

Re: Problems?

Post by ICE »

Your system seems fine to run FS2004 on quite high settings, Have you installed any third party airports for these areas? or moved the traffic density slider to the right? New add-on aircraft with high quality VC or systems modelling?

If the above answers are no, have you recently downloaded drivers for you Nvidia card? - I heard that a few months back the drivers were not working properly, if this is the case you may need to download new drivers for your video card.

Also do you have things running in the background? Are you running it in a window? check to see if running it in and out of a window speeds it up.

Onew more thing, If you are using a complex third party add-on, such as PMDG 747-400, always start with the default flight (Cessna at Seattl - then change to the PMDG etc and alter the weather, airport , flight plan etc from there. This seems to stop a few problems, although most are to do with the aircraft systems rather than computer speed.

Apart from that I'm at a loss, I'm sure someone else on here knows more than me.

Hope some of this is of interest and helpful to you,

H

tug23

Re: Problems?

Post by tug23 »

Thanks very much for your reply,I do install a fair bit of new scenery/aircraft quite often,but cant work out what's suddenly caused this problem.Will have a look through my recently installed scenery etc.

Thanks again

Chris