CFS3

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Dragon Rapide

CFS3

Post by Dragon Rapide »

I am being offered this new never used at a well below RRP so I wondered what members' opinions were of it. Is it a good game for a relative novice?
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

Agg
UKAR Staff

Re: CFS3

Post by Agg »

That really depends on what you want to get out of it... Its an okay sim, no more, no less. I would probably look around for something newer though... If its the WW2 setting you're after I would much rather go for IL-2 1946, or Cliffs of Dover (even though Cliffs of Dover isnt really finisdhed yet...).

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

Agg wrote:That really depends on what you want to get out of it... Its an okay sim, no more, no less. I would probably look around for something newer though... If its the WW2 setting you're after I would much rather go for IL-2 1946, or Cliffs of Dover (even though Cliffs of Dover isnt really finisdhed yet...).

Thanks. My grandson has IL-2 but his father's PC is unlikely to run Cliffs of Dover, which seems to require lots of techie input to make it work properly anyway. So I wondered if CFS3 might be a good enough alternative to IL-2, with different planes and scenery.
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

james solomon

Post by james solomon »

Iv played the first CFS my dad got way back in 1998 or 1999 for xmas and iv played CFS3 for 3 years with the firepower addon never played the 2nd one set in the Pacific but for aircraft addons there where tons for cfs and a small amout for cfs3 to download off the net. I love flying the old warbirds in flightsim but it dosnt beat a good punchup in CFS3. Iv tried cliffs of dover and found it pritty stunning but poor on the controls side when i first got it when it came out because I preordered it on steam it asked for stick n pedal controls. I feel CFS3 does much better than effects would in flightsim to create a good battle scene do with some mates and post on youtube