FSX genius - great how to you tube c

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Vodka

FSX genius - great how to you tube c

Post by Vodka »

thought i'd post this realy great you tube page up from FSX genuis.

having really got into fsx of the last few months i have struggled to get a smooth frame rate for simming. I don't have a bad rig afterall and was going round in cirlces looking for tips and tweaks. This is by far the best one I've found. Great explanations , easy to use and work along side with as you set up your fsx machine.

My FSx rig - i7 intel X79 quad core 3.6 overclocked to 4.2ghz, 16gb Ram 2133mhz DDR3 ATI 7970 2GB ICEQ, running fsx off solely a 240gb SSD. So no slug by any means yet i was still getting frame rates on around 14 fps at times then all the way up too 138fps. I knew the excess frame rates over my refresh rate on the screen were worthless but had struggeld to get nice smooth un fluctuating fps rates. Then i stumbled across this guy!

I run all maxed out setting on scenery, with ground shadows on, aircraft shadows on and light bloom depending where i am but normally off. Autogen is set to very high and water set to 2x. By using the frame rate limiter I hit a super smooth 30fps continuolsly. Its all in the easy to follow videos here.

how to set up nvidia cards / AtI cards , why not using quad cores , how to utilise your gfx better. . really easy stuff to implement!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FSXGenius