world of warplanes

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Lee606

world of warplanes

Post by Lee606 »

world of warplanes...Has anyone tried it? If so,any good?

http://worldofwarplanes.com/

Lee606

Re: world of warplanes

Post by Lee606 »

so far its taken me 17GB to install and still not completed (inc updates) so unless someone starts raving about it im giving up,
Cheers Dan,Ill give war thunder a go instead.

adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

it is a big install, and i cant say i like it, so giving up is probably a good idea

not played war thunder though...
Adam

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

War Thunder is far superior to World of Warplanes, though quite similar. And now they are even expanding to ground forces, so it's certainly worth a look :)

adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

ok, just seen the aircraft list on the website, soooo much more comprehensive than warplanes.... I'm sold
Adam

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

War Thunder is being killed by mouse players now though - even in Historic Battle mode.

The PS4 users will be online soon too, mixed in with the PC gamers - and they get auto-aim! :surrender:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

DanO1978 wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:War Thunder is being killed by mouse players now though - even in Historic Battle mode.

The PS4 users will be online soon too, mixed in with the PC gamers - and they get auto-aim! :surrender:

Yup, gotten noticeably worse in the last two weeks. Joystick players have to work to line up a shot, only for a mouse player to point and click on you from half a mile. Children with PS4s are where Gaijin see the most $$$, so it might be that the game is ruined for good

Welcome to the online world of gaming. It's been like this as long as I can remember and that goes back as far as Quake. I well remember when internet connections became a set fee instead of paying by the minute. The kids came on and ruined the game play. Funny that now those same kids are complaining about the kids now.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

Homer

Post by Homer »

Lee606 wrote:so far its taken me 17GB to install and still not completed (inc updates) so unless someone starts raving about it im giving up,

I don't recall it having a huge install but I played it from some time in beta.

Currently the game is badly flawed. Ground attack aircraft are pointless. At low tiers anway, I'm told they have more use on bigger maps as you progress, but you won't progress, tier 3 and 4 will make you cut yourself.

TnB fighters (that's nearly everything) can have some fun while the German heavies are climbing and waiting for things to thin out.

The battle deciders are the BnZ heavy fighters (German mostly), whoever wins the fight at 3 miles up can proceed to mop up everything below pretty much with impunity. Simply dive, pick off the highest floundering fighter trying to get up to you then climb and repeat.

Close to reality, probably. Good game balance, not.

But, Wargaming have a history of constant rebalancing their game(s). World of Tanks has changed considerably over the years. It will take some time and they will break the balance in other ways as they go along but eventually they will get there....

...probably.

james solomon

Post by james solomon »

I play world of tanks then signed up for the beta on world of warplanes and liked it with the gamepad its fun if you combine it with driving armor then its super fun. War Thunder seems so overated played it for 3 days and compared it to watching paint dry even thought it does have more planes WOP is only in the early versions so you should expect more planes to come along over its history

fs9demon

Post by fs9demon »

Gotta remember that War Thunder is still only Beta itself too
Formally UKVoodoo (FS9 video wizz)

Spring Chicken to S***ehawk in 1 easy lesson
Daga Daga Daga Daga Daga

st24

Post by st24 »

Notice the TV advert features a Lavochkin La15 being tailed by an F-86...can't recall too many of those making it to Korea.. :question:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Homer

Post by Homer »

st24 wrote:Notice the TV advert features a Lavochkin La15 being tailed by an F-86...can't recall too many of those making it to Korea.. :question:

Wargaming make a big deal about historical accuracy but it only goes as far as the aircraft (or tank) models.

Don't expect historical battles, even if they ever get round to introducing their "historical" battle mode it will only be a case of nation x vs nation y.

james solomon

Post by james solomon »

Homer

Post by Homer »

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

Homer wrote:http://worldofwarsheeps.com/

:lol:

Homer

Post by Homer »

Well WoWP got an update just before Xmas and word is that they sorted the balance between heavy and light fighters (BnZ vs TnB) but also made some changes to the game to make ground attack aircraft more useful. Seems they may have overdone the latter.

SWATCO

Post by SWATCO »

I've played on World of Warplanes and I extremely enjoyed it, but have yet to play on War thunder. When i get my new PC im going to download both, as not having an Xbox or Playstation I need to some way of playing games online! :biggrin: