DCS: MiG-21bis out on Thursday

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

DCS: MiG-21bis out on Thursday

Post by Wissam24 »

Actually announced last week but I forgot to post it here - probably the most eagerly anticipated module of the year is being released on Thursday the 18th of September - the MiG-21bis. By all accounts one of the best simulations available, up there with the A-10C, the first DCS-level supersonic jet promises to be incredibly good fun with proper radar modelling for the first time (including clutter). I have a feeling that if you get one module this year, make it this.

Unfortunately I have no internet in the house so unless it arrives by then I'm going to be tearing my hair out!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: DCS: MiG-21bis out on Thursday

Post by boff180 »

I'd rather have the Hawk, heard the Typhoon has stalled as Eurofighter aren't happy with certain aspects being modelled accurately due to them being classified????

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

And that's exactly why I'm not interested in the Typhoon module.

And as for the hawk,a s excited as I am for it, I'm not bothered about buying it until it has the PFM. I'd get it when it releases with the SFM were it not for the fact that I'll have to pay for an upgrade fee anyway when the PFM comes out.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

I was lucky enough to be one of those who won a copy of the MiG in Leather neck ' giveaway a few weeks back, but of course I'm going away on holiday on the 17th...

As for the Hawk, I'm also a bit intrigued by it, but I'm not buying anything with an SFM.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

You lucky bugger...

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Fortunately I managed to jiggle some internet around and now it's on my computer. I seem to be having an FPS issue (as are others on the forums) but what I've played so far...holy smokes.

Petedcollins

Post by Petedcollins »

boff180 wrote:I'd rather have the Hawk, heard the Typhoon has stalled as Eurofighter aren't happy with certain aspects being modelled accurately due to them being classified????

No Idea where you heard that

But its not true

Pete

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Shot down my first bandit last night, using the radar is very good fun in the Fishbed. Landing....not so much.

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Hah, my first landings were a bit hard, but okay, I then got a bit too confident, which ended in me landing well ahead of the runway threshold, bouncing back into the air before coming down hard and destroying the landing gear :lol: