DCS Hawk available for pre-order, on pre-order sale

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

DCS Hawk available for pre-order, on pre-order sale

Post by Wissam24 »

http://veaosimulations.co.uk/dcs-hawk/presale/

$30 for Hawk with Simple Flight Model, $40 for External Flight Model which will be released later - will unlock SFM module with free upgrade later on.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Agg
UKAR Staff

Re: DCS Hawk available for pre-order, on pre-order sale

Post by Agg »

I will wait for the AFM version, but Im glad to see that they are finally able to release it :)

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Well you can purchase the AFM version now but the SFM will come first, and then you'll upgrade when it comes out.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

I ended up buying the Hawk yesterday, and while there's a lot of good things to say about the Hawk it feels very unfinished, even more so than the other beta modules. The biggest problem is of course the lack of an AFM, but even things like the cockpit textures look more like place holders than finished textures (I know it's being worked on as we speak), especially when you compare it to the cockpit textures of the MiG-21 which are a work of art.

I like the small details, like the fact that the canopy shatters when you eject, but even this feels unfinished, if you look closely you can see an F-15(?) canopy be jettisoned as well, and the pilot model changes.

I really hope VEAO finishes the Hawk and that this isnt the level of quality that we can expect from them in the future. The Hawk isnt bad, and if it was an addon for FSX I would maybe even go so far as to call it great, but because of the incredible level of quality set by the other DCS modules it just feels rushed and incomplete.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Agreed, it definitely feels more alpha than beta. We'll just have to see.