FSX Military Add Ons

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
FERG

FSX Military Add Ons

Post by FERG »

Evening

Just a quick note to say that there does seem to be a step change in the quality of add on military aircraft being released now - both payware and freeware.

Dino Cattaneo's MB326, F-14D, T-45C & S-3B being freeware examples and the Metal to Mesh Mirage 2000C and Aerosoft F-14A/B on the payware side. Razbams forthcoming A-7D/E TACPACK enabled upgrade also looks awesome from the screenshots. The MILVIZ F-15E and newer F-4E are also very realistic and before that the VRS F-18E which remains a totally absorbing benchmark in my view.

Interested in others thoughts on this.

Cheers

Ferg

Agg
UKAR Staff

Re: FSX Military Add Ons

Post by Agg »

If you're after realistic military aircraft, you should check out DCS: World, it trumps everything in FSX/P3D :)

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

The VRS Superbug is still the benchmark on FSX. The Aerosoft Tomcat is good but still a little rough around some edges (although Aerosoft are generally good for patches). The Justflight Canberra is also very worthy of a mention and preview shots of their Tonka GR1 looks like it could well hit the same heights.

As for DCS, some great stuff on it but I'd really like to see more mud-movers done for it.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Agreed, but the DCS A-10C is the benchmark for mud-movers. Can't think of any mud-movers coming up soon. Leatherneck look like they're doing just fighters, potentially (and disappointingly) all American.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

Wissam24 wrote:Agreed, but the DCS A-10C is the benchmark for mud-movers. Can't think of any mud-movers coming up soon. Leatherneck look like they're doing just fighters, potentially (and disappointingly) all American.

Wasn't someone looking to develop a Mud Hen for DCS at one point? (might've been Iris). Lovely as the A-10C is, a fast multi-role/ground attack jet is the one thing that's lacking from DCS IMHO.

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Razbam, and I think Iris (as you said) were looking at doing a Mud Hen, but I think those projects are pretty much dead. ED is working on a Hornet though, you could do quite a bit of mud moving in that ;)

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

Agg wrote:Razbam, and I think Iris (as you said) were looking at doing a Mud Hen, but I think those projects are pretty much dead. ED is working on a Hornet though, you could do quite a bit of mud moving in that ;)

Yup, that'd do :wink:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

It's also worth mentioning that the incredibly high-quality MiG-21bis module does have A2G capability, just not very advanced, and the upcoming C-101CC will also have light attack capability.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016