UKAR Supporter

Just Flight Tornado.

Post by MarkL »

HTAFC

Agg
UKAR Staff

Re: Just Flight Tornado.

Post by Agg »

Absolutely, their Canberra was very good, and this is apparently being developed by the same team, so I have high hopes for this :)

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Sim Skunkworks are also working on a Tonka

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/store/index.php

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Though have per ordered at the special discounted cost @£24.99 pop in there my JF discount pioints. . . bargain £17.00

with a load more repaints inc. 12 German repaints

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

Vodka wrote:Though have per ordered at the special discounted cost @£24.99 pop in there my JF discount pioints. . . bargain £17.00

with a load more repaints inc. 12 German repaints

I did exactly the same. Hope it's as good as the canberra.
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Have to admit, not an FSX person but it looks very good indeed from what I've seen.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

ATrs.jules

Post by ATrs.jules »

been available for years in `FreeFalcon`, plus you can drop and use the weapons.
http://www.aviationgraphics.com | http://www.za326.com cold war jets volunteer
NIKON D5200 | 18-200 VR AF-S.

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Unfortunately the Avionics and FM in freefalcon we're amended from the f16 modelling from within Freefalcon. . and that being bastardised modelling from e'falcon . . before it was merged with Red viper :wink:

So although it was available it was a 'make do' affair with a tonka shape on the outside render

JF's model is from the ground up a tonka study sim.

Ps love Falcon4.0 ! in all of its guises since 98'

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Just this second got my email from Just Flight

its ready to download. . . . :yahoo:

John_E

Post by John_E »

Downloaded it earlier, it's looking like new graphics card time for me. FPS using an external view renders it unusable, drivers are up to date so that's not the issue. Usually use FSX with everything maxed out with no problems whatsoever. Bugger.

EDIT; It seems I'm not alone...

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts ... rate-issue

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Interestingly the dcs mig-21 had the same issue on launch, they had to decrease the poly count of the cockpit and stop it loading so much very quickly else it was unplayable for most.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

I'm having the same problem down to a stuttering 8fps on a i7 4.2ghz overclocked rig!
the worst I have in comparison is carendaos embrarer Phenom. I get 24fps out of that.

Somewhat disappointed to say the least. Looks like JF have to go and get some decent programers and not just render'ers

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

I would hang on before anyone purchases this yet. Looks like JF have to rework some of this or at least release a patch toot quick.

Of course they must have known this prior to release. .Grrrrr!!!

I really should have known better by now with Just Flight. :question:

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27112&PID=196192&#196192

This is obviously a very detailed aircraft and with all the optimisation in the world it will be more demanding on your system than our other aircraft (Canberra, L-1011 Tristar etc). However thoroughout the lengthy testing process we have worked hard to improve performance and that work will continue until we/you are satisfied. Any information that you can provide to the customer service team will help enormously with that task.

It looks like the option to remove the rear cockpit position is currently not working correctly and we will be fixing that shortly.

If you are suffering poor FPS and would prefer an exchange or refund rather than waiting for us to work through this issue, please let the customer service team know and they'll be happy to organise that for you.

Just a quick reminder, you are welcome to discuss issues with the aircraft here but as stated this is not a support forum and we can't guarantee to read every post, so always remember to submit a support ticket. That allows us to properly log the issue and guarantee a response to everyone.

Thanks for your patience
Martyn - JF

Thats says all you need to know for the moment. :wall:

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Dont know why I wont learn - stick with DCS, forget about FSX\P3D! [remember] :P

John_E

Post by John_E »

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

To be honest John I would suggest hanging fire until a proper patch is released. It seems the hotfix is causing some other issues . . . and only aiding a few fps. .

but let us know if you have some joy.

Nothing wrong with FSX p3d etc, just on this occasion this release perhaps hasn't been beta tested as thoroughly as one might hope for

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Yeah, the hotfix didn't help much.

Like I said, Im going to stick with the "try before you buy"-approach when it comes to FSX\P3D, a product like this wouldn't have been released for DCS.

John_E

Post by John_E »

I haven't bothered with the hotfix (spent the day chasing '558) and probably won't bother. Some of the posts from JF on their forum stress it's a complex add on etc, and there's almost an undertone that hints there's not a huge amount they're going to able to do to remedy the situation. May be refund time if they can't sort it.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Agg wrote:Yeah, the hotfix didn't help much.

Like I said, Im going to stick with the "try before you buy"-approach when it comes to FSX\P3D, a product like this wouldn't have been released for DCS.

Uh, the MiG-21 was unplayable for loads of people on release...

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

The difference being "loads of people" - the Just Flight Tornado is unplayable to all :grin:

I know the MiG had some teething issues, but it was nowhere near this...

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

Well the hotfix is a load of rubbish.

Before the hot fix i used to get stuttering and after about 1-2 minutes it would cause the game to crash.

After the hot fix the game crashes straight after load up!

If there isn't a proper fix i think it'll be refund time fairly soon.

(ps i'm on a pretty powerful rig- core i5, 8gb ram, gtx 970 and have no issues with any other planes.)

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

I've just had the below back from JF:

Hi Nick,

We will be releasing an update this week to address the performance issues that you are experiencing.

I apologise for the inconvenience that this issue has caused.

Just Flight & Just Trains Support Team

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

For those who are wondering...

Just Flight have said the following:

We are hoping to have the update ready later this evening or possibly Monday if we require more time.

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

Meant to pre-order and then didn't because I had other things to deal with. I feel like I've dodged a bullet on this one, especially when the stuff being reported on the forum seems to be glaring sub-beta issues that apply to near enough everyone. I don't quite buy the 'complex' argument when stuff like the VRS Superbug and the Aerosoft Tomcat are on the market (and if you want real complex, then look at stuff like PMDG jets in the civvie market) and seem to be OK for FPS on decent rigs. I wonder if having put the product up for pre-order has actually meant they've pushed the product out half-baked and hoped for the best in order to meet a date?