Just Flight Tornado.

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Agg
UKAR Staff

Re: Just Flight Tornado.

Post by Agg »

No, the argument that the problems stem from the Tornado being a very complex aircraft is weak at best, like you say, there are far more complex aircraft out there that don't suffer from the same problems. It seems to simply be a case of poor optimization, what I don't understand is how this wasn't noticed and corrected during the beta stage.

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

Going off-topic slightly, has anyone got any hands-on experience of that Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000?

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Yup, and it's well worth a look :)

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

The SP1 patch update is completely worthless on the tonka.

avoid. .im going for a full refund!

MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Post by MarkL »

Vodka wrote:The SP1 patch update is completely worthless on the tonka.

Such a shame !! Was really looking forward to this :sad:
HTAFC

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

Vodka wrote:The SP1 patch update is completely worthless on the tonka.

I'd been lurking on the JF forum to see if things were improving or not. The knives are certainly out from more than a few, and not surprising that there are users with some very full-on machine specifications that are struggling badly with it.

Ah well, if I get a new fast jet itch it may be the Mirage or (for something that's been out a while but a bit different) even the Aerosoft Lightning.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

There's always DCS MiG-21 :wink: probably the best fast jet simulation out there...and I'll happily go online with anyone to help them out!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Yeah, Im going for a full refund as well - the SP1 update didn't make any difference for me. Over on the Sim Outhouse the developers said that it was not an optimization issue, but simply that the Tornado had more click spots and displays than FSX\P3D could handle - I have to say that the developers come off as very inexperienced and not very professional. It's not like they're developing something for a completely new and untested platform, they should know know the limitations of the platform they're developing for.

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

Agg wrote:Yeah, Im going for a full refund as well - the SP1 update didn't make any difference for me. Over on the Sim Outhouse the developers said that it was not an optimization issue, but simply that the Tornado had more click spots and displays than FSX\P3D could handle - I have to say that the developers come off as very inexperienced and not very professional. It's not like they're developing something for a completely new and untested platform, they should know know the limitations of the platform they're developing for.

They must've been going some then considering how much detail goes into some of the FSX 'high fidelity jets' that aren't machine killers (thinking of the likes of the PMDG stable where everything you can possibly see works, the Superbug and even the similar 2 seater Aerosoft Tomcat). I do like JustFlight in the main and the Canberra set a very high bar for their genuine high-end stuff, but it just seems they simply bit off more than they could chew at this time.