Join my FSX Display team?

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Logan_Flying

Join my FSX Display team?

Post by Logan_Flying »

I'm hoping to get a Display team ready and Flying for next years FSX Airshow Association's airshow. I would like to fly something British e.g Vulcan, Victor and Valiant or Battle of Britain Memorial flight but we will start with the base Extra 300 (in-game) and we will fly out and into Nevada, so that there is not much lag. I am open to suggestions. I am also open to train at different times.

Hope some people will support me and join me

:vulc:

Logan_Flying
Last edited by Logan_Flying on Sun 20 Dec 2015, 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LightningMk6

Re: Join my FSX Display team?

Post by LightningMk6 »

A great idea, but would not have a clue where to start. I fly the Lightning mainly

Logan_Flying

Post by Logan_Flying »

LightningMk6 wrote:A great idea, but would not have a clue where to start. I fly the Lightning mainly

I dont know where to start either but we could fly a Tornado and Lighting Formation all we need are a Spitfire and a Typhoon

fs9demon

Post by fs9demon »

If you want somewhere to start then use the default Mustang or Hornet so that everyone has it (you dont have to use this eventually but trust me its easier than waiting for everyone to download aircraft on the first get together) :up:

Then chose a default airport that doesn't have too much scenery to it to avoid graphical lag (this will help people with lesser systems) :smile:

Once you have those its a case of taking off, joining up and flying a few circuits in formation.....once you have the basis of that THEN you can start to fly more complex and tighter maneuvers :joystick:

Also if you can get 4 guys together that's usually a good number for formation flying as a start, ill happily be a fifth to serve as spotting for formations, capturing footage and maybe the odd display while you guys have a break in training :yahoo:
Formally UKVoodoo (FS9 video wizz)

Spring Chicken to S***ehawk in 1 easy lesson
Daga Daga Daga Daga Daga

Logan_Flying

Post by Logan_Flying »

fs9demon wrote:If you want somewhere to start then use the default Mustang or Hornet so that everyone has it (you dont have to use this eventually but trust me its easier than waiting for everyone to download aircraft on the first get together) :up:

Then chose a default airport that doesn't have too much scenery to it to avoid graphical lag (this will help people with lesser systems) :smile:

Once you have those its a case of taking off, joining up and flying a few circuits in formation.....once you have the basis of that THEN you can start to fly more complex and tighter maneuvers :joystick:

Also if you can get 4 guys together that's usually a good number for formation flying as a start, ill happily be a fifth to serve as spotting for formations, capturing footage and maybe the odd display while you guys have a break in training :yahoo:

Thanks for the advice I will take that onboard. Also you a free to help if you want.

Mfoster

Post by Mfoster »

I'd be up for that, I fly mainly the T45 Goshawk but I have a spitfire that I am competent on ;)

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

I can fly the fast jet in a old/new duo
Nikon D500

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

I be happy to join. V bombers sound good. How about adding a sea vixen into that? I can fly a spit or hurri if you so wish.
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Maybe me and aviation 94 can form a old/new synchro?
Nikon D500

fs9demon

Post by fs9demon »

Ideally need a way to see when each other's online so we can communicate and plan things IE Steam or something else, a server and Teamspeak shouldn't be a problem :up:

Daga Daga Daga Daga Daga

Mfoster

Post by Mfoster »

One thing is FSX:SE users cannot play with normal FSX users

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Best bet is to have a private server, and using teamspeak/Skype etc, organise who's displaying when so there is some form of order.
Nikon D500

Logan_Flying

Post by Logan_Flying »

I've sent everyone PM's about contact information.

Mfoster

Post by Mfoster »

I didn't get a PM

fs9demon

Post by fs9demon »

TeamSpeak and a private dedicated server shouldn't be a problem, just communicating with my friends VA to see if we can use his server now they don't fly as much

Daga Daga Daga Daga Daga