DCS - What joystick do you use?

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
McG

DCS - What joystick do you use?

Post by McG »

I've currently got a Logitech Extreme 3D pro that I try to use with DCS A-10C, however I find that it's not that great and lacks precision. This is most apparent during the training missions where your expected to fly specific profiles.

What do others here use with that software?

Any pros and cons etc.

Mark

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: DCS - What joystick do you use?

Post by Wissam24 »

Thrustmaster Warthog with Saitek Flight pedals.

Pros are it's perhaps the best widely available stick on the market in terms of build, feel and features, cons are the price.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

CH Pro Throttle and Fighterstick. Again, not cheap (probably paid just over £200 for the pair) but ridiculously configurable and built to last. Second time round i've bought their kit as I had more or less the same (just the lower spec Flightstick) in the pre-USB gameport days.

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Wissam24 wrote:Thrustmaster Warthog with Saitek Flight pedals.

Pros are it's perhaps the best widely available stick on the market in terms of build, feel and features, cons are the price.

I use the same combo - I love the Warthog, and I'd say that even though it's quite expensive it's worth it, especially if you play a lot of flight sims.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

I have a Saitek X-52 Pro.

It's a great programmable joystick and each profile can have up to six "modes" allowing you to assign 6 actions to one button! These are controlled by a big metal mode dial (1, 2 and 3) on the joystick and a shift button at the pinky position.

I have had a few issues with Saitek drivers in Windows 10 but the latest batch seem to be fine.

The X-55 and X-65 are the current flagship Saitek sticks which match the Thrustmaster pound for pound but all saiteks also include rudder action.

Andy

McG

Post by McG »

Thanks all,

lots to ponder.

DarrenBe

Post by DarrenBe »

Mark,

Thrustmaster Warthog, nothing else comes close and they are worth every single penny. The only other time I've seen flight controls with the same level of precision was in a full flight simulator. My setup also includes a couple of thrustmaster MFD's and CH pro-pedals.

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Having had a ™cougar since 2001 and after years of use , finally died i looked at the replacement with the ™ Warthog. Loved my Cougar!!!

What was the main sticking point reinvesting hundreds of pounds again. . . well exactly that sticking. . also known as 'Sticktion'

I wasn't going to purchase a Hotas with a poorly designed stick gimble element which was gong to be highly likely to cause issues after some wear.
There are solutions to the 'sticktion' issue on the Warthog but i felt at that level of money spent i wanted something out of the box that was top end and not requiring a remedy which would make the warranty void. I gave is some deep consideration and finally opted for the Saitek X55 Rhino.

Half the price and great quality of finish. Yes I would like a solid metal structure but that is the compromise I guess with the Rhino.

The feel of the throttle movement and build is leaps and bounds over the ™ warthog Throttle unit. You will not get a better Throttle on the market. It is silky smooth and firm.

Sadly the Cougar is not longer made.

An alternative though is the Vkb Balck Mamba. The best Stick on the market with no exceptions

https://flightsimcontrols.com/store/joysticks/vkb-fat-black-mamba-joystick-for-eu-customers/