DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Switch to full style
Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Post a reply

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Sat 13 Jan 2018, 1:45 am

F/A-18C Hornet is now available for pre-purchase!

Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Sat 13 Jan 2018, 5:59 pm

Already bought it, now we play the waiting game ;)

Sun 14 Jan 2018, 9:19 am

Want it but will wait until it’s a properly working module, the first release is going to be lacking a large number of systems/capabilities.

I want to be able to fly a mission where I fight my way in, defeating a CAP, taking out the base SAM site then pickling a few bombs down the runway before refuelling and landing back on a carrier.

Sun 14 Jan 2018, 12:31 pm

First module I've bought since the Hawk. The $20 discount wasn't to be sniffed at as its unlikely to be this low in price for the rest of the year.

Sun 14 Jan 2018, 1:38 pm

boff180 wrote:Want it but will wait until it’s a properly working module, the first release is going to be lacking a large number of systems/capabilities.

I want to be able to fly a mission where I fight my way in, defeating a CAP, taking out the base SAM site then pickling a few bombs down the runway before refuelling and landing back on a carrier.

I see your point, but personally I don't mind that the Early Access version won't have all the bells and whistles. It's going to be a soft start, and in many ways like flying a Finnish or Swiss Hornet without any advanced air to ground capabilities :P

Sun 14 Jan 2018, 5:28 pm

Agg wrote:
boff180 wrote:Want it but will wait until it’s a properly working module, the first release is going to be lacking a large number of systems/capabilities.

I see your point, but personally I don't mind that the Early Access version won't have all the bells and whistles. It's going to be a soft start, and in many ways like flying a Finnish or Swiss Hornet without any advanced air to ground capabilities :P

Yeah its the one thing putting me off it at the minute.

Sun 14 Jan 2018, 10:16 pm

Not my cup of tea, I shall be waiting for the sales. Can't say I'm interested in flying a computer inside my computer. Give me a real plane like the Phantom

Mon 15 Jan 2018, 11:31 am

Going by the proposed release schedule, you should have that and the F-14 this year.

Mon 15 Jan 2018, 12:06 pm

Wissam24 wrote:Not my cup of tea, I shall be waiting for the sales. Can't say I'm interested in flying a computer inside my computer. Give me a real plane like the Phantom

I'll take one of each please ;)

Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:44 pm

Agg wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:Not my cup of tea, I shall be waiting for the sales. Can't say I'm interested in flying a computer inside my computer. Give me a real plane like the Phantom

With a side of Hind fries?

Mon 15 Jan 2018, 5:50 pm

Wissam24 wrote:
Agg wrote:

With a side of Hind fries?

ohh please :worship:

Mon 15 Jan 2018, 7:06 pm

Shame it's the P, but still a Hind
Post a reply