Oh how I would love to make........

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Unknown74

Oh how I would love to make........

Post by Unknown74 »

One Aircraft I'm very surprised that companies like Revell or Airfix have never produced is the Grob 115 Tutor, having made kits like the Hawk T.1/ T.2, Tucano and Jet Provost or Chipmunk one plane I would love to make is a Grob 115 Tutor.

Would also say that an F-35B in RAF Markings from either Revell or Airfix would be another dream for me.

Oh well we can but dream and wish suppose.

Craig

Re: Oh how I would love to make........

Post by Craig »

The lack of a mass produced Tutor baffles me. A simple tool and surely with huge youth appeal. Can only think of a rights issue?

hunterxf382

Post by hunterxf382 »

There appears to be an answer to your quest here:

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78800
Pete Buckingham
Volunteer in Aviation
Former RAF Engineer
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Isn't the Tutor already produced by Airfix in 1:1? :wink:

John

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

FarnboroJohn wrote:Isn't the Tutor already produced by Airfix in 1:1? :wink:

John

Cmon now! You know its Revell that do that one! :lol:

Craig wrote:The lack of a mass produced Tutor baffles me. A simple tool and surely with huge youth appeal. Can only think of a rights issue?

I can expand that just a wee bit and ask why none of the aircraft that Air Cadets fly through their time these days are covered? Since my time as a cadet and building IM, we have the Airfix and AZ Model Chipmunks and although we got the old Airfix, there is no modern Bulldog and ive not seen a Vigilant either. Expand a bit further into Flying Scholarships, im sure there are thousands out there that would build a Cessna 152(AZ Model soon???), Piper Warrior, Grob 115D, Hoac Katana and now the Aquila, all used by the main contractor here in Dundee.
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

jag636

Post by jag636 »

Unknown74 wrote:One Aircraft I'm very surprised that companies like Revell or Airfix have never produced is the Grob 115 Tutor, having made kits like the Hawk T.1/ T.2, Tucano and Jet Provost or Chipmunk one plane I would love to make is a Grob 115 Tutor.

Would also say that an F-35B in RAF Markings from either Revell or Airfix would be another dream for me.

Oh well we can but dream and wish suppose.

Well you could always get the italaeri F35 and make your dream come true that way its a better kit than airfix could do anyway, well thats my opinion :handbag: and I should know I've made that and the F32 thingy that Boeing were trying to sell :loser: though I still would prefer the harrier :clap:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history