Airfix 1/48th Jaguar

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Airfix 1/48th Jaguar

Post by Domvickery »

I'm building this kit for the 'gone but not forgotten' group build over on arc and thought i'd share it with you all!
built mostly oob apart from an eduard pe set, being built as this bird: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=XX116&distinct_entry=true
Sorry about the pics they were taken with my mobile!

progress so far:

C&C's welcome cheers for looking

Dom
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Seamus

Re: Airfix 1/48th Jaguar

Post by Seamus »

That's a good looking 'pit there fella :clap:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

mattlaker

Post by mattlaker »

That looks really nice! I've got fond memories as that bird as the display aircraft! looks like you've done an outstanding job with the black finish- tricky to get right without making it toylike! :clap: :clap: :clap:

how did the Eduard PE work out for you? I've got a nice load of prepainted PE turning up for the toom! Looks like it'll really set the pit of nicely! Those cables in the u/c bay will help busy it up as well!!!

Looking forward to seeing this one progress!!!
Matt hates Photo Etch as of today

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery »

Very good looking "pilot area" lol. Looking forward to seeing this finished. Also good photos for a cameraphone! :clap:

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

mattlaker wrote:That looks really nice! I've got fond memories as that bird as the display aircraft! looks like you've done an outstanding job with the black finish- tricky to get right without making it toylike! :clap: :clap: :clap:

how did the Eduard PE work out for you? I've got a nice load of prepainted PE turning up for the toom! Looks like it'll really set the pit of nicely! Those cables in the u/c bay will help busy it up as well!!!

Looking forward to seeing this one progress!!!

The eduard pe set was great some bits i had to leave off because they were just too fiddly! but i'm happy with the results.

Heres a quick update, as the black paint is still curing i've added some wiring to the u/c legs:

Tommorow should have the final bits of fuselage assembly completed and the canopy attached then paint the u/c legs add some wiring to the doors then future & decal hoping to be finished by the time the weeks out.

Cheers for looking

Dom

Takamota

Post by Takamota »

Great progress. You don't hang about!!
Http://www.tomsaviation.co.uk Updated 11th January 2016

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Takamota wrote:Great progress. You don't hang about!!

Lol, I got made reduntant a week ago and dont start my new job until next tuesday so i've been spending my time doing this an f-111 & taking bad pictures at duxford airshow not a bad way to spend 2 weeks of my life!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys :smile: