XV249 Retirement Scheme Decals?

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
PeterR

XV249 Retirement Scheme Decals?

Post by PeterR »

Just wondering if anyone knew if there's decals for the 51 Squadron 'Goose' retirement scheme that was applied to 51 Squadron's Nimrod R1 (XV249) last year? Done a search but can't seem to find any...

Many Thanks :smile:

DerekF

Re: XV249 Retirement Scheme Decals?

Post by DerekF »

Your best bet would have been the Model Alliance sheets. I see the Nimrod Part IV sheet has some 51 Sqn markings but not the retirement scheme.
You could consider making your own decals. If you can get a decent photo of the markings and some blank decal paper it would be possible. It might be the only way.

HawkT1

Post by HawkT1 »

me and a friend has approached paul parks to have some especially printed, ill ask andy about them tommrow, this was a cost implication of only doing 1 or 2 but more the cheaper

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

I'd be interested in a set if that happens! :clap:

HawkT1

Post by HawkT1 »

ok ive spoke to andy the inital price was £30 for 3 set minimum order, but the more you order the cheaper they come

andy is contacting paul again this week to discuss it further, but i want a set, so does andy so 1 set spare at the mo, ill get back to you

Messers Schmidt

Post by Messers Schmidt »

Hi,

I dont know if these decals are going to be produced but I would definately be interested in a set.

Gareth

HawkT1

Post by HawkT1 »

i dont know yet either, ill let you all know as soon as i do

Messers Schmidt

Post by Messers Schmidt »

Thanks Mark appreciated. Model Alliance were going to produce a set in an RAF update. I know that this is up for discussion at there next meeting, maybe an e-mail from all interested parties would not go a miss to help in their descision making. Could be the cheaper option, but if you still went for the one off printing I would honour my commitment, I am holding out dearly for the hope of a set before building my R1.

Gareth

Martin @ RAM Models

Post by Martin @ RAM Models »

Perhaps a little too late for you Peter but...................I can now help on the decal front. Just arrived from our printers today. We use Fantasy Print Shop and on this sheet have used a four colour litho print process. This effectively means that the colours on the Goose are reproduced as per the fullsize.

A link below. http://www.rammodels.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/369

Or to our Facebook page showing the decals

https://www.facebook.com/RAM-Models-115399361885735/?fref=ts