Does anyone know where to find a Hasegawa CV-22B Osprey

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
TomTwin

Does anyone know where to find a Hasegawa CV-22B Osprey

Post by TomTwin »

Hi guys,

Aware it has been discontinued, but does anyone know of somewhere in the UK selling a Hasegawa CV-22B Osprey?

Don't really fancy paying extortionate postage to Japan for it on Amazon or Ebay, so does anyone know where I can find one?

Many thanks,

Tom

ArabJazzie

Re: Does anyone know where to find a Hasegawa CV-22B Osprey

Post by ArabJazzie »

Tom,
I think HLJ have this as a future release in the guise of a Japanese what if so all you need is am decals(seen some but cant remember who!). Dont know why the postage fees scare you as for the price of one over here, i could have bought 2 inc P&P of the USAF boxing when i got mine. Always found them easy to deal with and you can choose a slower and significantly cheaper delivery option.
All the very best,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Might get stung on import with HLJ though. Used to use them for decals but have stopped since they changed their policy to send everything in a massive great box - ridiculous for a sheet of decals and likely to get hit with customs charges and handling fees.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Kingkit have got one at £29.99 if that helps.

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Might get stung on import with HLJ though. Used to use them for decals but have stopped since they changed their policy to send everything in a massive great box - ridiculous for a sheet of decals and likely to get hit with customs charges and handling fees.

When compared to UK prices for Hasegawa, you are never "stung" for customs charges! Unless it was your intention to try and evade them! :sweat: :whistle: :surrender:
Arabest,
Geoff.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

ArabJazzie wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:Might get stung on import with HLJ though. Used to use them for decals but have stopped since they changed their policy to send everything in a massive great box - ridiculous for a sheet of decals and likely to get hit with customs charges and handling fees.

When compared to UK prices for Hasegawa, you are never "stung" for customs charges! Unless it was your intention to try and evade them! :sweat: :whistle: :surrender:
Arabest,
Geoff.

It's quite simple to "evade" import and handling fees - don't order goods from outside the EU...

Any saving you make on UK prices will likely be wiped out if you get charged, which you won't know until the item is in the country.

Therefore, it's not worth the risk unless there's no other option - find a seller in the EU if you want cheaper prices, or just buy from over here safe in the knowledge that it will cost you the advertised price and no more.

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

Twas intended as a bit of a joke! :oops:

However, the import charges are not a secret and can be found on the net, but as its a while since i read the thread where i picked up the info, i cannot remember where they can be found. I think ive dealt with HLJ 3 times and have been dutied twice but the charges made hardly made a dent in the savings made. It might just be my luck, but ive not heard any other seriously bad experiences.
Arabest,
Geoff

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Last time I ordered I recall that the import fee was a percentage of the stated value of the goods, so it'll scale up and down with your order. You need to watch out for the handling/admin fees charged by the courier too - some of those are ridiculous and combined they can be quite a chunk of money.

Best to take it into consideration before ordering overseas.

As I say, there are good savings to be had on the continent - the diecast models I collect are routinely £30-40 cheaper from German retailers than they are over here (and thats before they have their sales, which UK sellers never seem to do anymore), and their postage is often better value too.